09-12-2010 01:23 PM
I have a HP EliteBook 8540w running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. After installing my new Canon EOS450D "EOS DIGITAL Solutions Disk v22.0" software that came with the camera, I rebooted as prompted.
Now my laptop boots and shows the HP logo (blue circle, with the white letters HP in the center) in the center of the screen, with "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" in the bottom left of the screen. This is where is gets and stays stuck.
NO keyboard presses work. From ESC, F1 - F12, Enter, Space.....no reaction. CTRL+ALT+DEL does work however, to reboot straight back into the "stuck" screen.
I have removed the hard drive and DB drive as well as the additional memory, it still boots to the "stuck" screen and stays there. I cant boot from any device to update the BIOS as I cannot get past the HP logo screen.
The only other similar posts on the web I could find was this one (also BIOS related)
There is not information AT ALL on Canon's website.
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
09-12-2010 03:43 PM - edited 09-12-2010 03:47 PM
1. Be sure all external devices are unplugged when booting, if this fixes the issue, then you have a device that has problems.
2. Unplug AC power and remove the main battery, hold the power button down for 15 seconds, connect AC power but not the battery see if it will boot normally. If it does remove the Canon software of you think it is the cause of this issue.
3. If the system will boot from a DVD, it may not since it does not finish the bios loading. Try a Windows System restore. You will have to Boot from a Windows 764bit installation DVD, or a W764bit System Repair disc if you made one, HP does not provide this disc, you can either borrow one or use another W764bit PC to make a repair disc, it is found in All Programs>Maintenance>Create a System Repair disc. It has to be a 64bit repair disc.
Once you boot from this, you can do a windows system restore, pick a date before you installed the Canon software.
Here is an article that will help, the only difference is you will choose "System Restore" from this screen.
01-10-2014 07:13 PM
It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p.
01-24-2014 01:06 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 11:55 AM by OscarFuentes
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product.
You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/
Here is a general document on how to troubleshoot not loading up at the HP logo.
Hope this is helpful.
I work on behalf of HP
06-05-2014 11:20 AM - edited 06-05-2014 11:22 AM
Mumbodog, thanks! It got me on the login page and onto the desktop. Works totally fine!
Note: Turns out it works for more than one type of computer. I have a HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15.
02-26-2016 09:04 AM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)