Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I turned off my laptop yesterday, tried logging in today with my fingerprint as usual it didn't recognise it. Tried using pin or password I got a message saying that my device is offline and I should use the last password use.
Now I can't access anything on my laptop, what should I do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@karimjsofia, you are welcome.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues. If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello@karimjsofia,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products.

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the password issue on your PC. Is that, right? I will be glad to help you.

I request you to use the link and check if that helps you in any way to fix the issue.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Hello Resolv_s
I don't know how using a non HP stylus could have fixed my problem.
Anyway, after several attempts, connecting to the Internet seemed to be enough to solve the problem.
Thank you
HP Recommended

@karimjsofia,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand the steps in the link of the previous post did not help.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Finding Your HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

In the meantime, you may also follow the link: Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
@Rainbow23
Thank you for your assisstance, connecting the computer to the Internet resolved the issue and allowed me to use my other passwords.
If you would be kind to indicate how to fix the reader on a Windows 10 operating system.
Regards
HP Recommended

@karimjsofia,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has resolved and also you wanted to know how to fix the fingerprint reader issues on a Windows 10 operating system. 

You may follow this link for Win 8 as the steps are similar to Win 10: Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 😎

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help
HP Recommended

@karimjsofia, you are welcome.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues. If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.