Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
g4-11125dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I have a:

HP Pavilion g4-1125dx Notebook PC

Model #: LW342UA

When it was upgraded to windows 10 i lost all USB functionality.  The device manager is using a driver but it isn't functioning properly.  'Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller' and 'Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller' have the yellow exclaimation point with USB symbol next to them.  Under properties it reads:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

When i try to roll back the driver nothing is available.  When i try to update it says i already have the best driver.  I tried windows update and the Driver Easy software but no luck there.

I confirmed that i do infact have power getting to the ports (via usb fan :/) so i don't believe it is a hardware problem, especially since it was working prior to upgrade.

I know its an older laptop but I Upgraded the CPU to a Phenom II N970 quad core and the darn thing runs so good i hate to give up on her.  Ethernet and Wireless are working properly and there are no other troubled hardware issues.

Thanks in advance,

Cory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried to roll back to windows 7 but i was pass the 30 period.  The laptop doesn't have the recovery disks nor a partition for doing so.  For the heck of it i went ahead and reinstalled windows 10.  Now the USB ports are working properly so i assume it was an issue that happened during the initial upgrade?  Anyhow thank you for your assistance!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @CoryDuganAuthor,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the USB ports. I will be glad to help you.

You can try contacting Microsoft as HP does not supply any driver for Windows 10 with this unit.

Here is a link to Microsoft Recovery options in Windows 10 to put you computer back to Windows 7.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tried to roll back to windows 7 but i was pass the 30 period.  The laptop doesn't have the recovery disks nor a partition for doing so.  For the heck of it i went ahead and reinstalled windows 10.  Now the USB ports are working properly so i assume it was an issue that happened during the initial upgrade?  Anyhow thank you for your assistance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.