Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G1; E9Y30EA#ABB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 x64 on my HP Probook 450 G1 (E9Y30EA), and after installing drivers I noticed when I turn off the sound, my Mute Button won't change its color to amber (or orange, yellow, whatever), as it did in Windows 8.1 and 7.

Also, another thing that's not working at all is Microphone Mute Hotkey (fn + F8). It neither turns off the microphone, nor lights up its LED.

I have the latest version of HP Hotkey Support driver installed (7.0.13.1), HP Quick Launch Buttons, HP Wireless Button, installed, .NET Frameworks 2.0 and 3.0 etc.. everything is up-to-date, but it's still not working as it should. Microphone muting just doesn't work at all, and pressing (sound) Mute Button does mute sound, but its light stays white, so I often don't know whether I had the sound on or off with the glance of an eye as I used to. 

On the other hand, HP Wireless Button works normally, and it changes its color to amber when I press it to turn on Airplane Mode.

TL;DR: After installing Win10 Microphone Mute Hotkey doesn't work, and sound Mute Button works, but its LED doesn't work.

Is there anything I can do to fix that, or is it just a problem with driver incompatibility that would be fixed in some of the next updates? Or is it something else, like Windows 10 issue or audio driver maybe?

Thanks in advance,

pajser92

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

W 8.1 IDT AUDIO driver was a solution for me. All buttons are working now.  HP should release W10 audio driver to fix this issue as wrong audio driver provided by W10 is a reason of this problem I think.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hello, I am having the same problem, did you find any solution?

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.

No, I still haven't found any solution. I've tried installing the latest HP Hotkey Support (5.0.28.1 Rev.A 9 Jul 2015), but no luck.

HP Recommended

same issue with the HP Probook 640 G1 (windows 10 x64)

HP Recommended

Same issue in HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Windows 10 64 bits

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - HP Probook 650 H5G79EA Windows 10 64 bits

HP Recommended

Same problem with the HP Probook 430 G1 (windows 10 x64)

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem , and I think not only us alone. Tried to apply this method(http://habrahabr.ru/sandbox/35608/), but to no avail. Interestingly, while support looks at this forum ?

HP Recommended

Why the hell is no one from HP Support team responding, as this is clearly a common problem amongst many series of their products?

HP Recommended

Similar issue with ProBook 6550b. Mute button works but does no longer changes color after Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) upgrade. No solution yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.