Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp notbook not for sure
So basiclly i cant Use Wasd and Move my mouse at the same time and i have on delay on and the smart sense options all off but (of course they dont save after i leave screen) and still even when they r on there finally is no delay but still cant Use wasd and move at same time
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Logankoch01,

The only permanent solution is to attach a USB mouse. The  mouse and keyboard can work at the same time for games.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Logankoch01,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard and mouse not working at the same time. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

When you say mouse do you mean the touchpad or do you have a USB mouse connected?

Most Notebook have the  touchpad  disable when the keyboard is touched to stop the cursor from being moved or clicked when typing.

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
I did mean touch pad and mainly this is for Games ik this isnt a gaming laptop but they are not very intense games so it can run them fine and yea and i may havw forgot to metion but why is it disabled and i have no delay on and shut off the smart sense options but now there is no delay but i cant Move /type and move the cursor at the same time very frustating
HP Recommended

Hi Logankoch01,

The only permanent solution is to attach a USB mouse. The  mouse and keyboard can work at the same time for games.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Ok donu have any certain type of mouse or are they all the same
HP Recommended

Hi @Logankoch01,

you do not a special USB mouse.  I'm a big gamer, so I have a mouse with extra programmable buttons.  

You should get a mouse that feeling good in your hand and meets you needs.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Not a good answer, since this is a driver issue that affects all PS/2-connected pointing devices (the touchpad is PS/2 internally). On professional hardware you need to be able to shut this off, since you can't use common shortcuts in software like Photoshop and InDesign with this "safety guard" turned on. Pressing space while holding down the left button, to grab and move a document with the "hand cursor" is not possible. You at HP support say you don't care?

Of course a USB mouse is most commonly attached to the laptop at a workingplace, but you should really be able to use it without a mouse, when you are on the move or at a customers place, right?

This is still a problem, late 2018. You at HP need to contact Synaptics or Microsoft or who ever is responsible for the drivers, to make it possible to turn off the Smart Sense or what ever it's called. This was possible on my old Win7 HP laptop, but not on my current one with Win10 and latest Synaptics touchpad drivers.

Do you (Microsoft) never contact your driver suppliers, even though there are hundreds of questions - all alike, like this one?

Edit: I have found a solution to this problem:

Go To Windows Settings

Go To Touchpad Settings

Change Sensitivity to "Most Sensitive"

This answer was copied from https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549660

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.