Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7 2017
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have received this message at least twice this month. In addition the laptop freezes several times a day. Not sure if both problems are related. Thank you for any assistance you may provide. Ana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Anne47,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post about the display issue, and wanted to assist you!

It sounds like there may be an issue with the Graphics Driver.  First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Anne47,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post about the display issue, and wanted to assist you!

It sounds like there may be an issue with the Graphics Driver.  First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Someone came in last week to review the computer and did exactly what you suggested. That was the solution. Thanks, AG

HP Recommended

I have a Envy which is now several months old.  I constatnly had a problem with the disply driver stopping and then recovering.  I worked with HP technical support on 3 seperate occasions, but the problem would always reoccur.  For what it is worth the problem only occured when I was using Excel and only with the tile open to revise the  chart range.  I belive I have fixed the problem.  The solution is in the MS forum link below.  The problem appears to be with something called TDR.  The fix is very simple.  I have not had the problem recurr in over a week.  Before it was happening ~ every day.  I tried seveal of the other posted solutions, but this is the one that worked for me

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-display-driver-has-s...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.