Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you for providing me with the screenshot with the information required. It looks like the wrong driver is still in the Device Manager.

Here is the driver installed currently on your Notebook: Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Version:10.18.15.4248 Rev.C 

Here is the driver that you require for your Notebook: Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Version 10.18.15.4279 Rev.A

In one of my previous posts you will see the download for the driver that is compatible with your Notebook. Please download the driver and completely uninstall the current driver in your Device Manager for your graphics. Restart your Notebook twice, and see what driver auto populates. You may have to uninstall the wrong driver and manually install the proper driver. 

Can you please double check if you are using a 32-bit OS or a 64-bit OS?

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Surely I will try to do what you have told. Sorry to mention but yes I have 64 bit OS.

The driver version you mentioned here is already downloaded (sp72810) but that one is saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software", when I try to install. Is it a 32 bit version?

I don't know why windows updater auto downloads the driver that is currently installed. The one you are saying wrong is auto downloaded. But the correct driver you gave me in previous post is giving error, saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Any idea?

HP Recommended

Hey, 

No the download I provided is from your software and drivers page for your Notebook and Windows 10 and it is for 64 bit. It is the updated version of version 10.18.15.4248 Rev.A (not Rev.C) 

Try to see if you can update the driver in the device manager manually using the download that I had provided. If that does not work, let's take a step back for a minute and let me know if the following is correct: 

Product: 

• HP ENVY 15-k020us Notebook PC

Operating System:

• Windows 10 64 bit

Graphics:

• Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792 MB total graphics memory

Original Operating System: 

• Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

You said that you are using the HP Support Assistant to bring in the driver. What version of the HPSA do you have?

Have you tried to do a Disk Defragement?

Have you tried to do a Disk Cleanup?

Did you try to perform a touch screen diagnostic test in the HP Hardware Diagnostic? What were the detailed results?

What if you do a extensive hardware test on the entire Notebook's components in the BIOS UEFI Hardware Diagnostics?

Please do those two items and see if that helps for you to be able to get rid of that error message. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Yes, I understand that you gave me is from my software and drivers page for my Notebook. But downloaded the driver(sp72810 - the latest one) from there. But it showed me that minimum requirements error. I have downloaded previous version of that driver for windows 10 also but got the same result. Also I gave a try for windows 8.1 drivers too, that also showed that error. It is really weird.

And the information you gave about my notebook is absolutel correct except graphics memory. That is 8271MB, that's because I added 8GB RAM later by myself. But that was nearly 2 weeks ago. After that screen touch was working fine.

I have downloaded the latest hp support. But it's not giving me any graphic driver update from hp.

HP Recommended

It is strange indeed. 

Some of the research I have done about the error message was saying that there may not be enough disk space and suggested a disk defrag and a disk cleanup. 

Please do the following and let me know what the results are for each one when you re-post: 

• Download: 
    • Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driversp72043.exe. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager. Restart your Notebook after installation. 
    • Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driversp72045.exe. This enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.
  • Then uninstall the current Intel Graphics Driver and restart your Notebook twice

If none of that works, please continue with the following: 

• Search Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
  • Click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
  • Click the Setup button and follow the prompts.
  • Search Device Manager
  • Click Device Manager
  • Select Monitors
  • Right click on the name of your monitor. If one of the menu items is enable, choose that.
  • Right click on the name of your monitor.
  • Choose Update driver software
  • Restart your Notebook twice

Check and see if the touchscreen is working again. If not, last but not least, please try to use the download I had provide to you in compatibility mode:

• Right click on setup file.
  • Click on Properties.
  • Click on Compatibility tab.
  • Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.
  • Select the operating system to which the driver is available.
  • Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Please let me know the detailed results of: 

Disk defrag

Disk cleanup

Performing the HP Hardware Diagnostic testing

Download of chipset(s)

Calibrating the screen

Updating driver software

Let me know if any of these steps work. 

Thanks 🙂 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Everything yu have told is done except hardware diagnostic test and calibrating touch but nothing helped. I restarted couple of time now and before to se if there is any diagnostic options. But there is only memory test and hard drive test. I don't understand, in my probook there is hardwire diagnostic for everything but here is given only two. I tested hard drive, there is no problem. Also I search for Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, there is nothing.

Disk Cleanup-done

Disk Defragment- done(7% fragmented after doing defragment on C drive)

Hardwire Diagnostic Test - All ok except there was no touchscreen test

The software you provided here is downloaded and installed.

Could not calibrated the screen since No Options are found to calibrate

Updated all drivers.

Nothing Worked

I give up. Feeling sick and tired. May be there is some problem with this laptop but right now I can't take this to any servicing center. But I think buying a new recovery disk may solve everything. What do you think.

Thank you for your patients and it was a lot of help from you.

What do I do now as I get no solution on this matter? If you want I can make one of your post as a solution.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hey @Mahmudul-Islam

I am not sure what to suggest next. I totally get it! I know how frustrating computer issues can be to diagnose and sometimes it feels like you are running in circles. You have done a great job keeping up with the troubleshooting I have thrown out to you and you performed all of the steps I asked! 

You know what, it might not be a bad idea to get a set of recovery disks to wipe and reload the system with a fresh start so that all of the drivers are fresh, new and for your specific product. 

Here is the information that you require: 

DVD - Windows 8.1 64b Recovery Kit: System Recovery Kit for Consumer Notebook (3 Discs). Please click the Order Media button and it will direct you to the page you need to order from for your specific Notebook. Your Product Specifications page says that the original OS was Windows 8.1 so this should work for you :). 

If you are able to order media, you can go ahead and click the Accept as Solution button on this post. In the meantime, please use the Thumbs Up button on any post that you felt were a good try for a solution. 

Please come back to our thread and let me know if you were able to resolve the issue with a clean, fresh, brand new install of Windows 8. 

Take care for now 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for being a good support. It is really appreciated that you gave me you valuable time suggesting me what to do next. You were really a great help, but my bad luck that the issue became a mystery. Anyway, thank you very much. I will order a recovery media and will do a fresh install. I will let you know after that. 

HP Recommended

Hello @,

5 days ago, my brother tried to buy a set of recovery disk for my laptop. But after completing the order, he didn't get any confirmation mail. So he again ordered and same thing happened. When this was asked to hp they said that their system having some kind of problem with the orders, so no order was placed.

I don't know what to say now, but I need a set of recovery badly. So can you please tell me if there is anymore problem with orders? If there isn't an, so I will place an order again.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey @Mahmudul-Islam

I am unaware of any issues while ordering currently. You may be able to order over the phone also. One way or the other, you should be able to get the recovery media needed 🙂 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number to contact us:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.