Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am Brazilian and acquired in the United States through a friend, an HP Spectre x360 Convertible Notebooh - Win 10 - i7-6500u - 8 GB RAM -512 ssd

He has shown consistently a blue screen error of death BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) with the error "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT".

However, other messages such as "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Wdf01000.sys)" or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" are also presented at other times.

It happens that after much searching on the internet forums I saw many people complaining that the Driver Video was the cause of the problem.

As I read on the forums, follow the guidance and updated the BIOS to latest version (F.35), then updated the Intel driver (R) HD Graphics 520 to latest version available on the HP website (20.19.15.4360 of 21/12 / 2015).

The errors continued. I was giving up when I noticed something new to be investigated. After a long observation, I realized that when the notebook is powered energy it does not crash and does not give the problems he was giving when is the battery.

When removing the power source, after a short time, about 5 to 10 minutes the errors began to appear, and then the question arose:

- It would be the setting in the notebook battery power parameters that would be causing the error (like optimization configuration, performance, etc.) or is it really problem in power supply from the battery that was causing the error?
- Because the battery life estimate gauge on Win10 has no estimate of consumption, keeping the status always "calculating". This last fact strengthens the thesis that the problem is the battery.

Before you ask, I used the HP Suport Assistent to the battery test and it informs that the battery is standard, which goes against my thesis that is power supply or configuration problem in a device driver (probably Intel driver (R) HD Graphics 520). I've done tests of memory and the SSD and all gave normal.

I decided to disable the Battery Driver in dispostivos manager. His name in dispostivos Manager is "Control Method Battery Compatible with Microsoft ACPI". To my surprise Guess, the notebook has not caught, I'm still testing but it does seem that it was conflict battery driver. The machine has not crashed, but the bad disable the driver is that we lose track of how long we have autonomy, but rather sacrifice the autonomy of the Driver Video (was palliative he was using to be able to work with battery use ). Go figure ... Well now is to see whether HP will solve this incompatibility problem, because I have found the potential conflict and is now waiting for the solution. Let's see what will give ... any new notice here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Rodrigo-Gomes

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post that you are getting the blue screen error with your HP Spectre x360 Convertible Notebook. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7). If the steps do not resolve the issue, Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this guide resolves your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.