Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillon A4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My new HP laptop lags like crazy when streaming video online (from multiple streaming services including Netflix, Sky and Lightbox), especially audio stuttering. I doubt it is a problem with bandwith because it lags both at my flat and my boyfriend's, plus my old computer (a Sony Vaio) is still streaming fine.

In an effort to fix, I have adjusted power settings to high performance and still nothing. Same issues occur in both Chrome and Firefox, but I nevertheless checked that Silverlight is up-to-date (it is). 

Any suggestions would help greatly as I am so frustrated that I am considering just throwing the computer out in the garbage because streaming is my primary use for my laptop. Please help!

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @flixaddict,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I understand you are having an issue with the HP Pavilion Notebook lagging while on the Internet. Here is a document that might help. It shows many thing to help with performance.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.