Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2307tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Prouct: HP Pavilion g6-2307tx

Product Number: D4B15PA
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000/Radeon HD Graphics 7670M

Hi. I need some help or instructions about my situation. I have a problem looking for the switchable graphics options for my laptop. The original OS of this is Windows 8 64-bit. I changed my OS into Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. After installing the drivers needed for my laptop, I noticed the Configure Switchable Graphics options is missing, even the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I installed both drivers succesfully after the Windows 7 installation, but the graphics options for AMD is missing. I tried to update my AMD driver by installing the latest driver, Catalyst Software Suite via Autodetect Utility, but after installing it, my laptop display became large, and the "Configure Switchable Graphics" option stated that the driver I installed is not compatible with my laptop. I opened System Restore to revert back to a point where I haven't installed it yet. I am unsure if I must install the AMD driver that I found here in HP drivers. If someone knows how I can reinstall the driver my system need, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

RD18

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Because your notebook has the switchable graphics, the only graphics driver you can use is the HP one.

I do not believe HP has linked the correct AMD/Intel switchable graphics driver to your notebook's support and driver page.

Uninstall any graphics drivers you have previously installed and reboot...but instead, try this one from the g6t-2000.

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp58894.exe

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hi:

Because your notebook has the switchable graphics, the only graphics driver you can use is the HP one.

I do not believe HP has linked the correct AMD/Intel switchable graphics driver to your notebook's support and driver page.

Uninstall any graphics drivers you have previously installed and reboot...but instead, try this one from the g6t-2000.

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp58894.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We are into different time zones so I was asleep when you replied to my post. I have a few questions to ask.

1) If by means of uninstalling the graphics drivers, you mean both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers should be uninstalled. Should I use those graphics uninstaller applications (i.e. Driver Fusion, DDU, etc.)

2)Can I go use System Restore shall any failure of installation happens?
3)Will I need to install HP graphics driver, if I can install this AMD graphics card succesfully?

Thanks,

RD18

HP Recommended

Hi:

That's fine.  I understand the worldwide timezone thing.

It is still July 10th, 20:45 here in St. Louis, USA where it is probably morning on the 11th where you live.

Create a restore point first...

Then, all you need to do is go to the add/remove programs menu and uninstall the catalyst control center if it is listed there.

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device category, right click on the Intel and AMD graphics adapters (one at a time), select uninstall, check the uninstall driver box and when you uninstall the both of them, then reboot.

The only driver that has any possiblility of working is the one I posted.

Do not attempt to install the standalone Intel graphics driver or the generic one from AMD.  Neither will work.

Good luck,

HP Recommended

Hi, I couldn't continue on uninstalling Catalyst Control Center on Control Panel because it wasn't there. Instead, it was AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Would I need to uninstall that?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I think you should uninstall that program.

HP Recommended

OK, I will keep you updated by tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

It is 11:33 in the morning of July 11th here... :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi, Mr. Paul. Sorry I replied too late to this post, because I was busy too so I couldn't replace my graphics driver. Anyways, I did it step-by-step, but I added using DDU to uninstall leftover files by those two drivers I had installed. The graphics driver you suggested installed perfectly, and now I can see those two graphics options. I really appreciate your help. Thanks and kudos to you!

RD18

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is great news!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.