Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
B8M81PA#AKL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am planning on buying Ultrawide monitor to use with my laptop (dv6-7038tx) but the monitor with the resolution of 3440 X 1440 may not be supported with old HDMI version.

Therefore, I want to know what HDMI version that my laptop has.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Chanyam,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-7038tx Entertainment Notebook and issues with concerns or questions with the HDMI support.  HDMI 1.4a supports 1920x1080p. You might play with the settings to get a quality picture supporting the HD part of the Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Chanyam,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-7038tx Entertainment Notebook and issues with concerns or questions with the HDMI support.  HDMI 1.4a supports 1920x1080p. You might play with the settings to get a quality picture supporting the HD part of the Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I also need help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.