Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling.I did a full back-to-the-factory restore. Twice. No go. The first time, the webcam did not work under Windwos 8.whatever. I did another restore and upgraded to Windows 10 and installed every thing listed for my notebook on the HP Support site, besides ever update for Windows 10.

The light for the webcam does not even come on.

I went to the device driver and have the following listed below for the imaging device HP Truevision HD Properties after right-clicking on this while in the Device Manager...

HP Truevision HD Properties

General tab
Device type: Imaging devices
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Device status: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Driver tab
Driver provider: Microsoft
Driver date: 6/21/2006
Driver version:10.0.10586.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Driver Details:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kshunk.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbvideo.sys
Provider: Microsoft Corporation
File version: 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700)
Copyright: Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Details tab
HP Truevision HD
Property:
Device Description - Value: USB Video Device

Events tab
HP Truevision HD
Information: Device USB\VID_04F2&PID_B50C&MI_00\6&2c8e4ece&1&0000 requires further installation

I have done all fixes listed in HP Support nummerous times, besides all the restores to full restores twice. IF I am correct, there is some drivers missing that are not coming up to be downloaded? Or something is severely misinstalled when I had my notebook built?

I have been working on this for two months now. All fixes have not worked. Now what?

thank you,

Debra

HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If you are comfortable with the process, you can try taking apart the notebook to check if the Webcam is connected properly.  You can use the following guide to assist you, if needed:

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui... (Chapter 5, Page 38-41). 

If you are not comfortable with the process, then you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am not comfortable messing with the innards of my notebook. (grin) I contacted chat support and they took control of my notebook. It seems I have a hardware issue and they are going to take it in to be fixed. 

Thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate all of the time you put into this for me.

Deb

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this fixed by HP? I am having the same issue.

HP Recommended

It has been at the repair center for over 2 weeks now, working on week 3. sigh.... I am guessing they are waiting for parts? Cool notebook, but there seems to be a serious issue. I highly doubt my warranty will be extended for the time spent at the repair center.

I did end up using a case worker to get the notebook sent in. The chat support was not English-as-a-1st-language. I got 2 different replies that conflicted way too much before dealing with someone in Canada who was much clearer on the procedure. Everyone has been very nice, though. Good luck.

HP Recommended

I also own an ASUS laptop and netbook and lo and behold the integrated webcam is not working on any of them! All of these computers have Windows 10 and in the event log I can see that the webcam issue began after updating with the Windows 1511 update so I am thinking this is a Microsoft problem.  All have the same "driver requires further installation" message. The difference between your messages and mine is that Windows reports my device is Working which means it is connected. The driver won't load.  In your case I think your USB cable may have disconnected as well and needs to be reconnected to start.

Had to do my video chat with my phone.

I have had other Windows 10 problems like losing WiFi and missing devices on my network map that I am working through. Windows 10 is a good idea but still has bugs. It was released too soon. Needed more beta testing.

Since this is my main work computer I can't afford to send it out.

HP Recommended

Well I have the same problem as listed here ... although my webcam doesnt even show up in device manager.

I tried a hard reset ... but made no difference and I'm now at a loss as to what to do.  I;ve had to buy a USB webcam for some key online video meetings, but would make so much mroe sense if the built in webcam actually worked.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

I have an HP Pavilion x-360 (13-s150sa) notebook. Less than 2 years old.

Any ideas gratefully received. 

Mike
HP Recommended

I had to send mine in and they had to replace the camera. the laptop was so new, it took months for them to get the replacement. I did get an extension on the warrenty for "compensation" for the length of time. It works fine, now.

I am guessing that some of the cameras being installed are garbage, or those building the laptops are being rushed and pushed through a quota for the day, leaving some laptops not being assembled properly. Pick one... or both. It is sad that this is occurring. Quantity over quality is pushed by the corporations. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, sadly mine is out of warranty ... so Im not likely to get any help or support.

I also agree with your comments on the way large manufacturers seem to just ignore the issues from the cheap devices whic hdont work.

Will certainly think twice before buying HP again.

Mike
HP Recommended

ALL of the corporations are that way, no matter where they are manufacturing, etc.  If you are not a stockholder, then you are a consumer, therefore- screwed. Everything is made to fail right after the warranty expires these days, too. Been this way for many decades. Changing companies to buy from is useless. None care about quality. None. I buy HP because they usually last a little longer than the other brands. Usually...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.