Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Airplane Mode took over my internet for several weeks, then, stopped working.  No internet service.  The repair man said when airplane mode takes over, sometimes  internet service cannot be restored.  Why is airplane mode able to replace my internet service?   How can I prevent this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @Carolyn42

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with Airplane Mode. You had mentioned that the Notebook automatically switches to Airplane Mode.

I would be happy to assist you. If any of the steps I provide in this post help you to resolve the issue, please mark this post as an Accepted Solution so that other's with the same issue can find the solution. 

I have found a document for you called Airplane Mode a Forums Post on the Microsoft Community website called Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off - WiFi Will Not Turn OnTracyDillon on the Forum post had said, " I have an actual wifi button on the top of the keyboard right after F12, I pressed that and it turned off airplane mode and then allowed me to turn on wifi (I did that manually). And I'm on! " 

Here is another Post from the Microsoft Community Website. This one is called hp wireless button changes airplane mode.

After the Notebook restarts you should not have the Airplane Mode anymore.

Please re-post with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) if you require further assistance and I would be happy to research this issue for you further. Please show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs up button. 

Thank you for posting!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @Carolyn42

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with Airplane Mode. You had mentioned that the Notebook automatically switches to Airplane Mode.

I would be happy to assist you. If any of the steps I provide in this post help you to resolve the issue, please mark this post as an Accepted Solution so that other's with the same issue can find the solution. 

I have found a document for you called Airplane Mode a Forums Post on the Microsoft Community website called Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off - WiFi Will Not Turn OnTracyDillon on the Forum post had said, " I have an actual wifi button on the top of the keyboard right after F12, I pressed that and it turned off airplane mode and then allowed me to turn on wifi (I did that manually). And I'm on! " 

Here is another Post from the Microsoft Community Website. This one is called hp wireless button changes airplane mode.

After the Notebook restarts you should not have the Airplane Mode anymore.

Please re-post with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) if you require further assistance and I would be happy to research this issue for you further. Please show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs up button. 

Thank you for posting!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

THANK YOU so very much, EmeraldAvenger.  I too have the wifi button which is F12.  I did not know to press it.  I took my notebook to a computer technician who fixed it and said it could happen again and may not be fixable next time.   Next time I will try pressing the button.  This solution sounds so logical.  Again THANKS!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.