Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop was shipped with RT3290 card.
Card became problematic with frequent connection drops and dead issues so hp service personnel replaced the card with a RTL8723BE one.
Now WiFi is working fine on windows 10 with latest drivers. But now there is no bluetooth functionality in laptop even after the these are combo cards with BT integrated on them.
OS Windows 10
Bios F.70
Product ID G2H04PA#ACJ
There is no FCC ID being shown in BIOS Setup but wifi is working fine except windows hosted n/w and SoftAP.
HP Diagnostic's component test is saying there is no wireless module installed. Installing any version of Ralink RTL3290BE BT drivers for windows 10 is throwing an error saying "No Realtek Bluetooth device is detected. Please plug in the device then install driver software."
Also tried a lot to fix things after image recovery but it was no help. Now restored back to Windows 10 (daily driver) again.
This case is still open and assigned to HP Care Service..lets see what happens next.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@amb01

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand Bluetooth (Realtek Rtl8723) is not being detected the notebook after it had issues with constant signal drops,

Thank you for providing such details that help me get right to the point, rather than probing for more information, I appreciate it.

That said, the issue you've described qualifies for a hardware replacement as it looks like the wireless card is malfunctioning,

I recommend you to either Contact HP and get a replacement from wifi card from HP over the phone OR simply add a WiFi USB dongle to resolve the issue - The choice is yours & Only yours 😉

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Tried installing every available driver but nothing fixed.
Now i'm assuming two possibilities....
Either RTL8723BE 's BT Module is dead or malfuctioning.
Or i should change (downgrade) the chipset drivers....I dont know...
HP Recommended

@amb01

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand Bluetooth (Realtek Rtl8723) is not being detected the notebook after it had issues with constant signal drops,

Thank you for providing such details that help me get right to the point, rather than probing for more information, I appreciate it.

That said, the issue you've described qualifies for a hardware replacement as it looks like the wireless card is malfunctioning,

I recommend you to either Contact HP and get a replacement from wifi card from HP over the phone OR simply add a WiFi USB dongle to resolve the issue - The choice is yours & Only yours 😉

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Check for few steps could fix the issue

• Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and set to be discoverable on the device.
  • When a device is set to be discoverable, it uses radio signals to broadcast its location to other Bluetooth devices and computers.
  • A device such as a wireless mouse or a keyboard might have a button on it that you need to push.
  • A device such as a Bluetooth mobile phone might have a setting in the menu that you need to select to turn on Bluetooth so the device can be discovered.
  • NOTE: If you do not know how to set your device to be discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer website.
  • A device such as computer might need to have the Discovery setting turned on.
  • To turn on Discovery in Windows, search for and open Change Bluetooth settings.
  • The Bluetooth Settings window opens. In the Discovery area on the Options tab, click Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC, and then click OK.
  • Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selection in the Bluetooth Settings window Bluetooth Settings window with Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selected

Check for other solution

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-13-4100-x360-Convertible-PC/8499273/model/8902248/doc...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-13-4100-x360-Convertible-PC/8499273/model/8902248/doc...

Make sure you have the updated drivers install for the Bluetooth

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.

Today they replaced the card with Ralink RT3290 the model this laptop was originally shipped with.

Would you please send me the links for the latest softpacks below...... 

WLAN Driver for Ralink RT 3290.

Bluetooth Driver for the Bluetooth module on RT3290 Combo Card.

.......for Windows 10 (64bit).

Thanks

HP Recommended

@amb01

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

That said, I looked around and here's what I found,
Wireless LAN Driver available that was updated on May 22, 2016.
Click on the link to download the driver: sp72517.exe

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 
Thank you again for posting in the HP Support Forum.  
Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.