Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-b107cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was using wifi on my laptop on day, and the next, my laptop said it wasn't connected to wifi. I tried to reconnect but it said "cannot connect to this network". My wifi still works on my roomate's laptop and on my phone. I have tried updating my computer, restarting it, performing a hard restart, using automatic troubleshooting, and updating/reinstalling the driver software. I hadn't installed any new programs onto my laptop before the problems started. I don't know what is causing this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply! I actually had already done all of these things, as well as everything from another user's post about how to fix a similar problem, except for turning the router off/on, because it was in my roomate's room. As soon as she got back, though, I asked her to do it and my laptop connected to our wifi with no problems.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
I have also disabled the Power Off option for the adapter and reset the TCP/IP settings.
HP Recommended

Hi @hannahbanana_,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion Notebook and issues with the Wireless disabling. Try these steps.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

source

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply! I actually had already done all of these things, as well as everything from another user's post about how to fix a similar problem, except for turning the router off/on, because it was in my roomate's room. As soon as she got back, though, I asked her to do it and my laptop connected to our wifi with no problems.
HP Recommended

Hi @hannahbanana_,

Glad all is well. Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi I am having this same problem my internet was working fine recently but I'm unable to retrieve and network option today?..I have opened the device manager and when i select network adapters there is no longer and option for Ethernet/Wireless what could have caused my wireless connection capability to dissappear?

Thanks,
Vicky
HP Recommended

@sidv101

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you want to know if there is a screen calibration that can make your screen look better than the other monitor's you have,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Did you try installing the latest wireless adapter drivers from the HP website?

Which Operating System do you have on your PC?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DEar HP,

I have been facing issues regarding connecting to my home wifi. I have tried all of your solutions and aspects to solve the problems related to it, but any of them couldnt work. Sometimes it gets connected but at the other times it wont even discover it. I am tired of all this now. I am using HP Pavilion G6 notebook.  Please get it resolved as soon as possible. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Param Gulati

HP Recommended

hi my nephew has a HP Pavilion x360, and a couple of months ago we havent been able to connect to the internet, I have read everyones questions and answers given and I have tried all of them, spent a couple of hours and nothing has worked. Iit says connected but Limited but when i got to the internet it says no connection. How can i fix this, please help. I have tried everything. 

HP Recommended
Hi Hp, I have a hp pavilion Entertainment Laptop d7 22 windows 7. IT WONT CONNECT TO WI FI?
I was using wifi on my laptop on day, and the next, my laptop said it wasn't connected to wifi. I tried to reconnect but it said "cannot connect to this network". My wifi still works on my roomate's laptop and on my phone. I have tried updating my computer, restarting it, performing a hard restart, using automatic troubleshooting, but still nothing. It says when i troubleshoot that
Package ID: Network Diagnostics Web
Path: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\Networking
ERROR CODE: 0x8E5E0247
Source: Engine
User: Owner-PC\Owner
Context: Resticted

Please help I need laptop to work from home it would be gratefully appreciated thankyou
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.