Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Model: HP 14 notebook PC

Last monday, HP Support Assistant told me that an update should be done on WLAN I don't exactly remember.

It was RealtekPCIe FE Family Controller I think that was updated. 
After successfully doing the update, my PC cannot detect any wireless connection anymore.

It's working fine when an Ethernet cable is connected.

When I look up at the Device Manager, my WiFi adapter has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside it.

Driver Version: 10.0.0.270

I have done a lot of driver updates already but still doesn't work

I have tried System Restore but gives me an error.

PLEASE HELP

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this driver helps...uninstall the current driver first before installing this one.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&s...

HP Recommended
Hi, I have followed instructions from the link you gave. But I am still waiting for step 3 "3. If a message box titled Program Compatibility Assistant is displayed after the installation is complete, click This program installed correctly." Should this appear immediately after installation?
HP Recommended

Still no luck on the installation. -_-

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

I would contact HP technical support if your notebook is still under warranty and see if they can help you.

HP Recommended

I have tried that.

We lost connection when we tried System Restore.

It gave us an error each time.

HP Recommended

We tried System Restore with the HP Tech Support.

Still no luck. Gives us an error during the restoration.

HP Recommended

OK.

The only long shot I can think of is to try and manually install the driver. (sp65428.exe).

DL and run the file I posted.  Close out of any error windows, etc.

Go to the device manager and click on the Qualcomm Atheros wireless card.  Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software method and at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.  Select Have Disk and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp65428\WinBlue\ndis6xWin Blue\athwbx and select the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.

The method still did not work.

It says "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"

😞

HP Recommended

Ugh!

Well, I gave it my best shot.

Try just browsing to the driver folder and see if the PC picks up the files it needs by itself.

Go to the device manager and click on the Qualcomm Atheros wireless card.  Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software method, and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp65428. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If not, try this driver...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&s...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.