Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ac146nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have found more information about three kind of wireless cards and have read a manual for maintenance and Service Guide

Some WLAN module is missing at listing of Computer major components from Chapter 3

I have find about more information from this manual from Chapter 1 Product description.

Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

Last card new intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 haven't spare part number. It's missing part in this list at a page 20 (Chapter 3)

I am looking for this card. I have find more information from Intel. There are three variants of Intel AC 3165.  AC3165NGW M.2 2230 and  AC3165D2WG m.2 1216 (3.3 volt and 1,8 volt)

I have few questions:

For which M2 have this notebook used ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @edwtie,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the WLAN Module, and wanted to help!

There is only one M.2 slot for the WLAN card, so it should be A, or E keyed.  The compatible WLAN Modules for the notebook seem to be 2230-2730.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @edwtie,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the WLAN Module, and wanted to help!

There is only one M.2 slot for the WLAN card, so it should be A, or E keyed.  The compatible WLAN Modules for the notebook seem to be 2230-2730.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for clear answer ...  I worked for HP until 2010 as EDS/HP employee

HP Recommended

Can you added some comment in this manual for HP notebook ?

HP Recommended

Hello @edwtie,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am unable to have that information added to the manual.  This is just a social forum to assist community members.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.