Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have done this fix and it works. Problem is that I have now this fix several times. The connector continues to unplug and I am getting very tired of opening the thing up and having to re-connect it. No doubt, I will at some point damage the cable or plug and then HP will refuse to repair it under warranty as it has been service by an unauthorised agent!

So now we know how to temporarily repair it, has anyone considered how we can permanently repair it. As suggested in an earlier post, maybe a very small dollop of hot glue next time I repair might keep it in place, but again i am worried if it breaks, the HP agent will see the glue and then refuse to replace the broken module under warranty.

Do we go the hot glue option and solve the problem forever but open up potential HP service issues or just keep pulling our screeens open and reconnecting the cable everytime it disconencts (which for me is most times I transport the laptop)??????????????

HP Recommended

Hi. Got a new one same as yours. Now it did work from purchase, however since updating Skype nothing(coincidential?) don't know. HP has arranged for me to take it to a tech as it is under warranty and they should be able to fix it. HP and myself did a system resore, backed up everything and took it back to as purchased. Spent hours re loading all my stuff. Still nothing. Wish you well.

HP Recommended

Hi. went into how you described, however imaging devices is not listed in device manager? Please help

HP Recommended

Hi. Same issue. Skype sees the green screen, nothing. Contacting my local agent wha is HP authorised to touch thing under warranty. See how it goes.

HP Recommended

Update. The repair I did lasted a few days then it stopped working again. I took the screen bezel off again and no matter what I do now I cannot get the computer to recognize the web cam. Even if Itotally unplug the camera and plug it back in its still not seeing the cam in the device manager. None of the wires look broken and the plug looks ok. I'm afraid I'm going to break something or screw up the screen. I've been avoiding calling HP because I know I will get the run around. But it looks like I have no choice now. I have resorted to using an external web cam for the time being.

HP Recommended

My conector is black and the Bastian fix worked.  You just need something to push the conector up. 

HP Recommended
It's work and it's so easy to do!.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Before starting to take apart my PC I decided to go and check online to see if anyone else had the problem and how they had solve it. You saved me a great deal of time as I would have disassembled the entire PC trying to find the freaking cable, but thanks to this post, in 5 min. I had my cam up and working again.

I feel very disappointed from HP, both their labor and their support.

HP Recommended

under deivce manager mine doesn't even have an imaging folder?!?!?!?! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.