Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks, padders! My Envy X2 could be the same case as yours. I will try your tips and try update firmware, drivers and not to install Google Talk.

Thank you, guys. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd add that while at first I thought it had eradicated the issue, it doesn't seem to. When the envy x2 isn't plugged in then for the most part mine is now ok. Sometimes with the power plugged in and the lid down it doesn't come back out of sleep.

I've been looking at finding alternative drivers but haven't found anything yet. Might go through my apps one by one next and uninstall to see if they're causing problems. I do believe this is an HP driver issue though and should be looked at.

Cheers,

Paul

HP Recommended

You all might be interested to know that I have been testing a solution to the "hang in sleep" for some time. I didn't have google talk so that was not my issue.

Seems the Broadcomm wifi drivers were the culprit and after updating them, I cannot get the Envy to hang in sleep mode anymore no matter how I try. The trick is getting the correct drivers. The ones released by HP don't do the trick however there is an updated version (113) released for the ThinkPad which has the same chipset. Find them here:

http://www.notebook-driver.com/detail/thinkpad-driver-id-11129/

BTW AxsunJackson is a mean Wordament player LOL. How do you do it?

HP Recommended

Each time I log on the Ic2 HID device is not working.  Although, I uninstall and reinstall, then use the trouble shooting function, configure a device, it constantly fails.  Please assist me, I am not using Google talk but Google is my browser for my HP Envy x2 11-g010nr.

HP Recommended

Thank you for adding your resolve to the I2C HID device issue.  I "unchecked" all that had the power management tab come up, in properties and hope this resolves the constant failing of this device.

Will update.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This is the first time in several months that when I reboot the I2C HID device did not stop.  EASY and simple fix.  My mouse would fly all over my screen, I thought I had Malware, as did MS and HP over the phone could not solve it either and issued a shipping ticket to send my laptop to them

Simple and EASY fix:  Under properties UNcheck the box under "power management" tab to save power.  Happy dance 🙂

HP Recommended

Which properties screen did you locate that has a power management option?

HP Recommended

Darn it.  I resolved the issue for 24hrs.  Today, it faulters constantly.  How annoying.  Please HELP

HP Recommended

Hi Smiley2222. I have seen lots of troubleshooting throughout this thread, so I am not sure I have much to add to it. I do have a shot in the dark if you are running Windows 8. Hybrid Boot/Shutdown can cause 'wake' issues, so can you, or have you disabled Fast Startup? This will in turn, disable Hybrid Boot/Shutdown.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

I hope that helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.