Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I too don't get the remaining time for the battery. Just a % of how much is remaining. Assumed it was a windows problem.. .
HP Recommended

Nope .. it's an HP problem with this model specifically.  Before the Spectre, I tried the Elite 15" 360 and it showed the battery life in Win10.

Do you have the Gen5 or Gen 6 processor?  I have the Gen5 and was wondering if they fixed it with the Gen6 processor and BIOS.

Ang

HP Recommended

Laknaths .. what utility are you using to produce your battery tables?

Ang

HP Recommended

I use windows to generate battery reports. Open command prompt and paste:

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html /Duration 3

This will give you a fairly detailed report of your battery usage.

also an update on my battery runtimes: I get between 9 and 11 hours with mixed usage. My usage consists mostly web browsing and word processing with a few videos thrown in between. Cortana is disabled but I have now enabled location services. I reverted back to enabling all default services as well. This didnt affect battery life. I suppose the initial clean boot was all that was needed.

HP Recommended

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html /Duration 3

create a shortcut and this will output file via run and cmd to desktop

HP Recommended

Experiencing the same problem as the op with the same exact laptop.  How is it that I am struggling to get six hours out of my battery with only light browsing, screen brightness dimmed to low percentages, the most conservative power plan enabled, and windows 10's battery saver enabled as well?  How is it that others on this forum are getting far superior battery times with far less conservative power plans enabled?  After spending a few months with this laptop I have come to grasp just how unattainable that "12.5 hours" really is.  Is that number even a realistic expectation?  All I want is a solution that gets me to at least 9 hours that doesn't involve replacing my whole laptop.  Is this possible?

HP Recommended

guys i realize not all hp spectre tell that you will achieve a battery time of near 10 hours. i personally have the hp spectre 4120ca. does anyone know whats the battery time for my laptop that hp states? can anyone post a link?

HP Recommended

@laknaths

My is skylake i7, QHD, 256ssd version.

I've tried clean boot according to your suggestion, closed all HP services and other programs, only keep McAfee and B&Q open. Also Disabled Cortana, GPS, other background things.

Battery life is always 5-6 hours, from 100-15%, on following condition:

QHD display, 70% brightness, 50% volume, Wifi on, bluetooth on, only browsing internet and working on Office word, keep Chorme opening with 5 pages on, sometimes watching online videos.

I don't know if this is normal or not?

捕获.PNG

HP Recommended

For anyone interested, I have found a solution - albeit one with a lot of compromises.

I have the 5th gen i5 version with full HD screen.

I can now get almost 9 hours by doing the following:

- no wifi/bluetooth (connected by ethernet)

- disabled touch screen

- turned on Windows 10 power saving mode

I am fairly happy with this for now. Just a bit of a pain to re-enable the touch screen if I want to use it, as it needs to be restarted everytime.

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the Skylake version for potential battery improvements, but not sure if it's worth it.

HP Recommended
I just purchased the i7 touchscreen QXD touchscreen version and I'm thoroughly disappointed with battery life. Today I'm doing a rundown test with my email client open, a couple office apps like word, excel, skype, and firefox opened to a page that refreshes every 5 or so minutes. The keyboard backlight is turned off and the screen is set at 70% brightness which is the minimum I can tolerate in a brightly lit office environment. I am hardly using the computer at all--I'm working on another computer primarily. So far, it looks like it's trending straight line to be 6.5 hours until shutdown. Looking at other posts in this thread, that seems to be the most other users are able to get. The laptop is advertised as having a 12 hour battery. I could accept 8 or 9 hours, but HALF the advertised time? I don't think so--and if this is the best it can do then I will likely return it. My four year old i5 with SSD is significantly lighter and seems much faster. Sadly it does not have a touch screen, which was one of the main reasons I chose this device. Unless I find a way to significantly increase the run time, this is starting to look like a failed purchase that's going back to the store. I'm surprised there's not talk of a class action suit due to blatantly unrealistic run times for this device.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.