Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
No joy here. I just ran HP Support Assistant and upgraded to an up-to-date BIOS for my Envy 17 3D 2XXX series and I'm still getting the System Temperature (90D) message on boot after running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS. Maybe HP's engineers haven't implemented the fix for the Envy yet.
HP Recommended

hp ni services chodu jevi chhe... mara bhagya bagdela k me hp lidhu...

hp g6 1118tx

bakwas..

sleep thay pa6i chaluj na thay...

temperature 90d error b avya kare chhe.......

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on a Dv-7 4296nr, using Linux Mint 11. I've updated the Bios to the latest F.0F. It hasn't fixed my problem yet.

Here are two threads I came across regarding this issue in Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11349283

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81191#p471537

HP has a lot of customers experiencing these problems. They not only make it difficult to add another operating system to their notebooks, but also make it inconvenient to use them because of unnecessary errors. I'm disappointed in my purchase because of all of the little glitches HP builds into their products.

I hope to see HP become a little more responsible in regards to how they build their software in the future. I know I've come to the decision that I will avoid HP products in the future with the possible exception of printers. I've just come across too many very difficult and annoying bugs that seem to be unfixable. I feel as if I'm banging my head against a big, corporate, brick wall.

I'd still appreciate a fix for this problem in the near future if it's at all possible. Thank you.

Regards,

Tim A.

HP Recommended
Man! Thank you so much. You were a life savior for me. It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot and god bless. Cheers.
HP Recommended

Salut , un bon conseil, n'achete jamais plus un HP . c'est de la M**rde. j'ai exactement le meme probleme que toi , sauf que moi , mon Laptop, il a 1an et 3 mois !!! et HP ne veut rien savoir sur la garantie.c;est un problem bien connu . le system de refroidissement est defectueux et pas adapter un gros processeur come celyi de no machines. . HP pour moi plus jamais.

Hi , follow my advice , never buy a HP again, this is rubish . i have exactlely the same problem , unfortunately for me , the warranty has expired,my laptop is only 1 year and 3 months and despite being a known issue at HP , they want to charge me 488 pounds to replace the cooling fan!!!!!!  NO way. one thing for sure , NEVER EVER HP AGAIN.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have same problem too. But my problem is a little complicated.

I have a HP Pavilion DV 7 4191NR.

As you know almost all HP laptops have a harddisk protection program that named `3D DriveGuard`.

I can't play games or watch movies without screen hiccups(freeze) when the laptop's plug is inserted. Just with battery there is no problem.

I disabled HP 3D DriveGuard program, it solved screen hiccups, I have no problem when I watch movie or surf on the internet, but when it comes to play high definition games, laptop's heat  increases very fastly, fan works noisy and finally laptop gives overheating problem and shuts down itself.

I don't know how this program works exactly, but I think it is relevant to laptop accelerometer. That's why when it is closed, fan needs to work fast. 

Maybe disabling or enabling this program help you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My little contribution to this thread.
The same problem here with an Envy 17-2XXX.
I've written to the HP support.
Here is the answer (translated from French).
“Unfortunately, the UNIX-like OS are not part of the software for which we provide support.

You mention that you meet this concern on a reboot after using Precise Pangolin. Be aware that the version of Windows that is on your original drive is an OEM version specifically adapted to the material. It seems that the compatibility in the BIOS does not come to 100%. For example a simple offset error or approximation during the reboot of your Linux session can activate this code temperature error.

It is possible that this concern will be resolved by a future BIOS update, but I can’t guarantee you that.”

No very usefull….

gga

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

same problem here - whiched my BIOS with the newest upgrade for my dv8-1190eo.

Any body with a nice little trick for this fix?

HP Recommended

what is a solution of message - thermal shutdown occurred

the system bios has detected that your notebook pc was put into hibernation or shutdown to avold overheating

the system is now operation normally overheating may occur if thecooling vents are blocked or the operation temperature exceeds the specification

the notebook pc shoud returne to normal operation once the situation is resolved

system temperature (90 D)

HP Recommended

@CHAGAGA wrote:

what is a solution of message - thermal shutdown occurred

the system bios has detected that your notebook pc was put into hibernation or shutdown to avold overheating

the system is now operation normally overheating may occur if thecooling vents are blocked or the operation temperature exceeds the specification

the notebook pc shoud returne to normal operation once the situation is resolved

system temperature (90 D)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.