Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

estou com o erro 90D e não tenho o disco para restaurar , oque fazer ?

HP Recommended

porblemi di orlogo

HP Recommended

When I start my laptop I get this annoying message every time:

"The system bios has detected your notebook PC was placed in hibernation to avoid overheating .

The system is now operating normally and your data should remain intact.

Overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceed the specification. The notebook PC should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved.

System Temperature (90D)"

So i have to press Enter every time to start my OS.... it's annoying and can't get rid of it, I don't have temperature problems or anything, my laptop is over a cooling pad and it's not hot, there are no problems while using it, its just that message and the fact that i have to press Enter every time to boot ...

Is there a way to get rid of it?

I tried flashing the bios with the hp tool but with no success ...

HP Recommended
@guna_2014

Try a hard reset to clear the error. Unplug the laptop, remove the battery & press the power button for 20 seconds.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Ok. The problem persists of two situations here. Especially for you who change the motherboard. 

After Changing the motherboard, you need to apply new thermal compound on all the chips that are covered by the heat sink. (I.E the CPU and the GPU). Clean the old thermal compound from the heat sink and the CPU using alchohol and toothbrush. Don't be too rough, there are little tiny components on the CPU that can break away. Be gentle. Once clean, re apply the new thermal compound paste but not too much. Do not apply it on the heat sink. Just on the chips.

Then make sure the fan vents are clean before placing the heat sink. Once you have varified that the vents are clean, attach the heat sink and tighten it down. Do not overly tighten but make sure its tight not lose.

Once you have done all of the above, close the laptop cover and turn it on. This should solve the problem

www.celltronicservices.com

HP Recommended

My dv6-3042tx does it ONLY when not plugged in; original battery with low capacity and new fleeBay battery. Latest firmware. Will check out heat-transfer compound situation. Maybe the battery is getting hot inside and this error is the result?

Would love to hear if poeple are having the problem while "pluggeg-in"...

Easy registration. No confirmation e-mail required.

HP Recommended

I ran into this error after I had my fan and heat sink replaced. To fix it I just had to add new heat sink compound and it's working fine now . Hope this helps . Apparently the compound can get old and go bad .

HP Recommended

System Temperature (90D

HP Recommended

i dont have any good solution. but, set the processor power management into middle percent (50%)

here : right click on the battery at the bottom (systray) -> adjust screen brightness -> choose when to turn off the display -> change advanced power settings ... then scroll down untill you find the "processor power management" set the maximum processor state into low level

note: dont use any speedbooster software or anythng.. 1t w1ll change your sett1ngs back.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.