Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Maybe it's time to stop relying on greedy companies to make your Gaming PC's or Home/Office computers and start building them yourself?

Why you should custom build a computer? COMPLETE GUIDE!

There are multiple sites like Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com, and other sites of which basically GUIDE you on your buying experience, plus there are amazing combo deals which can further advocate your PC needs!

Stop dawdling with overpriced "rigged to blow" crap like HP, Dell/Alienware, and other companies. Do it yourself.

As Sacsha Konietzko from KMFDM once said - "D.I.Y. -  DESTROY WHAT DESTROYS YOU!"

The Chemich Does Exist
HP Recommended

@Arklay wrote:

When I start my laptop I get this annoying message every time:

"The system bios has detected your notebook PC was placed in hibernation to avoid overheating .

The system is now operating normally and your data should remain intact.

Overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceed the specification. The notebook PC should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved.

System Temperature (90D)" 

So i have to press Enter every time to start my OS.... it's annoying and can't get rid of it, I don't have temperature problems or anything, my laptop is over a cooling pad and it's not hot, there are no problems while using it, its just that message and the fact that i have to press Enter every time to boot ...

Is there a way to get rid of it?

I tried flashing the bios with the hp tool but with no success ... 

HP Recommended

when i open my lapton a message told me that there a eror system tempture 90d

HP Recommended

when  start  my  pc   after   come  message  system  temperature  [90d]  i  am  come  online  my  pc   coming   shut  down          help  me  how  can   set  up   mail  me   .think  you

HP Recommended

I have same problem and I'm hoping to find answer here.

HP Recommended

My solution: I sold my HP notebook and I bought a Toshiba. Everything goes nice and easy. BTW, from now I will be a hundred miles away from any HP, the customer service is really awful.

HP Recommended

Hello MDSEKANDER & Wiktorhml,

I understand you both are experiencing issue with system temperature (90D), is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computers you have. If you are unsure where to locate this information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

@RedRose0528 wrote:

Hello MDSEKANDER & Wiktorhml,

I understand you both are experiencing issue with system temperature (90D), is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computers you have. If you are unsure where to locate this information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Good day, 

I recently had some water fall on my laptop and had to replace the mother board. I replaced the heatsink and fan along with the mother board. My issue is that now when I start up the PC It starts and after a few seconds it shuts down... I get error 90D. I cannot get more than a few seconds before the laptop turns off. My model is HP Pavillion DM4 

HP Recommended

Hey Hdomingu, 

I'm so sorry had a spill. Liquid spills can be particularly frustrating because it's hard to know which parts are affected by it, especially with water because it is colorless and it isn't sticky (as with soft drinks or beer which I've seen in some cases). It's near impossible to tell whether a component is affected without switching them out and trial and error.

Also, when you replaced the heatsink and fan did you apply thermal paste between the heatsink and processor? Thermal paste is a very critical and often overlooked part of replacing or reseating the heatsink. Thermal paste helps fill the microscopic gaps or imperfections between the heatsink and processor. The paste helps dissipate heat from the processor. If it is not applied and/or if the old, original thermal paste is not cleaned off of the processor, the heatsink will not be able to do its job and this will cause a symptom much like you're experiencing. The computer will turn on, but the processor will overheat VERY quickly and shutdown after a few to prevent further damage.

You may be able to pick up thermal paste at a local electronics store like a BestBuy or other computer hobby shop. You can get it online at sites like Amazon or NewEgg. Let me know if this advise helps or if you have any questions 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank You, I did have that in mind because I didnt replace the old thermal paste. I ordered new thermal paste I hope that will solve the problem. I will update once it comes in. Thanks again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.