Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Cannot turn off DEP for DPAgent.exe

ScreenHunter_0003.jpg

HP Recommended

The latest date of Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software I have managed to locate is 2009-05-29, which was provided above by @chetanrao_tech.

If DEP needs to be on, without an update available, the troubleshooting is standard software troubleshooting.  
Does a clean boot prevent this error? How to perform a clean boot in Windows
Does the error occur with only the DigitalPersona startup item enabled?
Does reinstalling help?
If not, the last option is an HP Recovery. I am not sure of the procedure for commercial units, but consumer notebooks it outlined here:

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista)
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

If you have a commercial notebook, there may be information on the commercial forums.
You can click here for the link.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Gareth,

Sorry for the late response,however as you mentioned earlier you were unable to disable DEP, please find the solution below to disable DEP. If you are still having problem then please reply back to this same message.

Have you tried completely turning off the DEP subsystem completely, rather than just selectively for this game? See if this helps in bypassing DEP temporarily. Ensure that you enable it back once you complete the installation.

Here’s how:

1. Type cmd in the start search menu, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.

2. Once the command prompt is open, you can now disable the DEP by entering the following command line.

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

3. And to enable it back,

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

If that doesn’t help, check the following patches. See if any one of the patches helps you in fixing the DEP issue as this seems to have helped others who faced similar issue.

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/

Chetan

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

The DPAgent still crashes after login, just after the HP Client Security starts (noted by the taskbar icon)

This has occurred since all these apps were updated through HP Support Assistant to the 8.3 releases.

I am close to restoring so that I can use the pervious version of the tools which worked.

I have invested so much time in the prep of this machine to get it back to where it is now, this will set me back days again.

There is a problem with the new release that HP needs to address and acknowledge.

HP Recommended

After HP put me in the position of failed software as has already been addressed, I have painfully had to rebuild my machine with Win8Pro (Don't know what will happen when I go 8.1). It is now day two and so far the 8.3 version of Client Security is working and all other software packages except Device Access Manager, which is not yet installed.

Client Security Manager DPAgent does not crash post login during services start-up.

I can see this still being a problematic for many non-tech users. HP need to come to the party soon.

HP Recommended

WIth all due respect, the support responses for this issue are beneath HP's established level of professionalism. HP software engeneers should troubleshoot and fix this issue; not end-users. I am very dissapointed with the the level of HP support on such a potential serious issue as this, and the respondents inspire no confidence. Clearly, HP is keenly aware of this issue. Clearly, HP should address it post haste.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem. zbook 15 with windows 7 prof(x64). after the upgrade of hp security tools i'm receiving same error like others: "dpagent.exe appcrash stackhash_0a9e".

I there any resolution update for this problem, since i can't use the password manager from Hp Client security?

Br,

Mihai

HP Recommended

Hy there,

I found a solution for this problem, rollback to the old software version.

Uninstalled all HP ProtectTools Security Manager ( sanitizer, drive encryption, device acces manager, theft recovery and then client security manager) and reinstall older versio:,8.1.2.1464 (using HP software setup).

Be carefull when you uninstall the old setup to keep the settings (sparekey, fingerprint, password manager setttings).

At least for me now all are working fine, without any errors.

Maybe for a patch  for the lastest sofware will resolve the issue.

Br,

Mihai

HP Recommended

Not sure about rolling back software. In my case the problem started when file sanitizer was added. When I bring up the HP Client Security, on the far right it showed I had out of date software for HP Client Security and for File Sanitizer.

The HP Client software did not update when I ran the update.

When I removed the HP File Sanitizer via remove programs, I stopped getting the DPAgent APPCRASH on start up.

While the version says 8.x the exe files are still 6.x. I don't know how to force it to update the HP Client security. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.