Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been having the same trouble. I even got a second keyboard, and as with everyone it died again after a month or two. The really embaressing part for HP is when you call for tech support and they don't even seem to realized what a touch screen or bluetooth keyboard is. It seems like they built this while they were sleeping and don't recall what it is.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. It is clear this is a defective equipment and HP is not taking the requiered responsability. Very bad. I would really keep in mind this issue next time that I need to get a new laptop

HP Recommended

It definitely is a defective issue with the keyboards. Honestly they shouldn't be selling those and when I talked to their tech reps 3 times, no one knew of this issue? The tech rep didn't even know what keyboard I was talking about. I had to send him a picture of it so he knew what his product was and he was telling me that I didn't install it correctly. I think that just attaching it is pretty self exaplanatory. 

Horrible product

HP Recommended

Hello guys. I also have the same problem. It's rediculous. We paid a lot of money to end up with a faulty product. This seems more commom than not. Anybody else having the same issue, please voice it out. We need to have this issue resolved.

HP, please advice. Please don't reply with generic answer. It's a 2 in 1 CPU. The computer/Display plugs in to the wall. The wireless detachable keyboard does NOT have any plugs ins. It charges directly to the display. We need answers please.

HP Recommended

Save your time and energy dealing with HP.  They will tell you to send your computer to them and hope they can fix it and hope that your infomtion is not lost.  I just use the keybord for a screen protector when I transport the computer.  That is all it is good for.  Go buy yourself a wireless keyboard for like $20.  I told everyone I know to not buy this product because it is defective.  I also told people how unhelpful support it on this.  Anyone can scroll through this thread and notice HP just ignores it or gives a generic "Make sure it is pluged in" comment.  All that does is assume we are all ignorant and dumb.  

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  The battery on the CP is fine, it's the keyboard battery that is the problem.  The charging light on mine will not even come on now.  I love the computer but this keyboard sucks.  

HELP US HP!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended
I am also having this issue I think. Today (after one day owning this pc) my kbd light started to blink repeatedly. I plugged the tablet into a socket, connected the keyboard,and the light blinked for about 20 seconds then shut off. I let it charge for 2 hours then pulled it off expecting a charge, but it immediately started blinking again.
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm wondering if it's a driver related issue that needs to be addressed.
Can someone please advise?
HP Recommended
Well I just spent a little under an hour on the phone to customer support and got transferred to the hardware technician supervisor who promptly shipped me out another keyboard. Hopefully the issue is with the keyboard and I don't have to send the whole tablet in. Albeit a little long to be on the phone, the customer service experience was pretty ok and I didn't have any hassle or resistance from any of the support technicians I talk to.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem, my keyboard was replaced 2 weeks ago and today it went dead, .i.e. Not charging anymore. 

I am really frustrating as i have to again go to and give them the while unit.

I bought item in uae, dubai in jumbo shop 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Unfortunately my warrenty has passed, so I will have to figure out what to do. 

I know people say to buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but that seems kind of a dumb because that defeats the purpose of having a laptop that you can take with you.  Just another thing that I have to cary with me.

Clay Gillman
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.