Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a new hp envy x2 about a week ago. Everything worked fine until my keyboard power light started blinking orange. It did that for a few days then the keyboard just went dead. It seems to me the keyboard is not charching while connected to the tablet. Any advice would be appreciated.

59 REPLIES 59
HP Recommended

Hi @moj6 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY x2 and keyboard not charging. Here is a link to a document for troubleshooting.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

If this does not help please feel free to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for rhe response. However it is not the  computer that is having the charging problem. It is the wireless keyboard that connects to the tablet pc.  It does not indicate that it is charging while attached to the tablet pc. I am hoping it is just a faulty wireless keyboard. The weird thing is it was dead the entire day yesterday. I left it connected to the tablet pc overnight and unplugged from a power source. When I got to work this morning and turned the tablet pc on, the keyboard worked but still had the low battery blinking light. The keyboard worked for a few hours then went dead again.

HP Recommended

Hi @moj6 ,

Are you plugging  the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet? Not into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Here is a link to test the battery. The troubleshooting will check all aspects of the tablet.

Please let me know if you completed all the steps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I went to best buy to replace the original keyboard.  The new keyboard worked fine for about a month then the light started to blink again.  I dont know what I did but somehow it charged again and worked fine for about another month.  Then out of the blue yesterday it started to blink again.  I turned the keyboard off and left my computer on over night to see if that would charge it.  I came into the office this morning to see if it work.  It did not.  It is still blinking.  It will probably go out again and I am at a loss on how to charge this keyboard.  It is very frustrating.  I am thinking about just getting a wireless usb keyboard and give up on this one.

HP Recommended

Hi @moj6 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am currently experiencing this same problem.

My HP Envy x2 13t Hybrid laptop/tablet is able to charge; the actual battery of the computer is at 100%.

However, the attachable Bluetooth keyboard no longer holds a charge.

It has been attached (docked) with my tablet PC for over 24 hours now. The PC is plugged into the wall socket, and not into a power strip or something else. 

The Bluetooth keyboard is still not charging. The keyboard may get perhaps 15 minutes of battery life after the full 24hour charge, but the battery light continues to rapidly blink an amber color, and the keyboard then ceases to work shortly after. 
I'm curious as to what I can do to change this. It's incredibly frustrating and inconvenient that 3 months after purchasing this laptop, a main component (the detachable bluetooth keyboard) stops working and no longer charges.

HP Recommended

Same thing for me! I feel your frustration.  HP support recommended that it may be a faulty charging port in the tablet that isnt producing a charge. They recommended that I send the computer in to them and risk losing data.  I would also be out of the computer for 5-7 business days. Considering this is my work computer with a ton of personal information not only for me but my clients, I decided to not take that risk.  I went to walmart and bought a $25 wirless keyboard. I will set that up once my HP blutooth keyboard finally dies.  What really sucks is I asked if they sell a replacement keyboard for this computer and unfortunately they do not.  

HP Recommended

Samething happen to me, so I asked to HP for new key board. I just got it but I do not know it will going to one mouth or not. I think problem is the main computer for charging system, maybe power board. If anyone know what volvtage come out for charging from main comuter. Let check for it and I can find where real problem is, main computer or keyboard?

HP Recommended

Has HP program such as indecator for charging battery of Key board? Has HP testing better for keyboard from HP Support program? I know HP support progrma has teating only main battery of Main computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.