Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am willing to support a class action suit to HP on this matter. You have my attention. Keep up the argument and keep me posted.

Would someone contact a lawyer.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Out of warranty for replacement keyboard. Using a usb keyboard/mouse for now.

HP Recommended

My keyboard hasn't been working for over 6 months. I've been using a separate USB wireless keyboard / mouse. 2 months ago, I ordered a new one online which worked for a few minutes, after which it stopped working as well.

That's when I realized that the problem is not with the keyboard, but with the part on the main laptop that connects with the keyboard that charges the keyboard.

Wish I would have read this thread before I ordered a new keyboard.

@HP - This is really poor service. Can't believe that you'll are not addressing a problem that so many people have had over the last couple of years.

HP Recommended
They won't, they sent me a new one and I also changed the while thing and it's same issue.
They have no fix nor care of our issues, just our custom. F them
HP Recommended
How does it check when it ain't connected?
You give no solutions. You merely say things we have all checked.
You have done nothing to fix this.
I demand a reply to what HP has done regarding this issue?
We want a fix, give us an answer!
HP Recommended
It was clearly a poor design choice.
The flexible strap was made too thin and they ended up using a very brittle kind of ribbon cable.
I ended up opening mine and saw the breaks.
If only they had provided a micro USB charging port on the keyboard itself...
Will try one from Alibaba to see if it lasts.
HP Recommended
Anyway to solder it back? Or even reflow?
HP Recommended
You could try, but you would be better off getting a thicker, more flexible ribbon cable.
My idea is to get a mini USB connector and try to mount it on the side instead and use a phone charger on it.
The wires in the keyboard proper are sturdier.
Will let you know how it goes.
HP Recommended
OK that would be cool.
Any tips/pictures you can send would be great.
I can solder by don't know where the power source is on this keyboard
HP Recommended
Mini USB connector is a great idea FEEO. Please do let us know how it goes. Links to what you use to do this would be great.

PS - amazing how HP is still ignoring this thread.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.