Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Restore complete. I was able to get into my notebook on the first try.

Message that popped up: system restore competed successfully. The system restored to 1/01/2015. Your documents have not been affected.
HP Recommended

So you've restored to an early point from today. I'd suggest restoring to before you had any issues to see if the wireless and reboot loop issues go away completely.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
There was only one option to restore too which was the one from today. It won't allow me to go any further back. This was my notebooks first update as its pretty new (about 3 months)
HP Recommended

Interesting. I assume the wireless still isn't working? If not try going through the other steps in my previous post.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I tried the 3rd suggestion and it was successful. My notebook is now connected to the internet via wifi. Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.
HP Recommended

No problem! 🙂

It would ease my mind a bit if you could shut down and boot up the notebook a few times to make sure it doesn't get stuck in the loop again before calling this one solved. If you could do that for me and let me know if all as well that would be awesome.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Ahh I spoke too soon. Just went back to the notebook to reboot it like you asked and it's disconnected itself from the wifi again. "No networks found"
HP Recommended

I'd like to see if these symptoms reproduce themselves on another wireless network. Would it be too much to ask to have you try it at a friend or family members house, or at a public location like Starbucks or McDonalds?

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
My friend tried that with me before but it still says "no network connections"
HP Recommended

Gotcha. Try the rest of the suggestions for resetting the TCP/IP stack and the Winsock Catalogue. Let me know if that makes a difference. 

As a side note, I'm out of the office until tomorrow morning so this may be my last reply for now. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.