Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx Entertainment PC that has the Synaptics Touchpad.  Recently I accidentally uninstalled the Synaptics Touchpad Folder and its files which control my touchpad.  It now acts erratically, shows an orange light lit, and is enabled no matter what I do.  I need to download a copy of the Synaptics Touchpad folder and install driver to recover functionality of my touchpad.  Where can I find this download?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello cbuckner7789,

I'm not sure which operating system you have, but you can select it here, then you should see the list of drivers available for downloading.  It will be inside the section, "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices"

You can also use Recovery Manager to restore your software and drivers.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello cbuckner7789,

I'm not sure which operating system you have, but you can select it here, then you should see the list of drivers available for downloading.  It will be inside the section, "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices"

You can also use Recovery Manager to restore your software and drivers.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping  ..... problem solved (correct driver downloaded and reinstalled):smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

You are welcome!  Thank you for reporting your results.

Good luck!

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.