Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

np at all 1 of them should work.

it mainly depends on the bios make as to which 1 will work

HP Recommended

:manvery-happy: Superb, this one work : lnwfwxb

You saved my life. Thanks again.

Just curious, how could this happened cos I take care all computers in my company and I'm pretty sure that my password is correct :mansad:

HP Recommended

st 2506 i dont really know what has happened.

maybe something happened in the bios? maybe a surge of power caused something..

no idea really..

youll just have to change the password and maybe keep some sort of database in a locked file that you only have access to

HP Recommended

Well, actually I have a Db of my password, so I was sure it's correct. This notebook have never been switched on more than a year, may be that's why.

I'm just wondering how can you find my password by just only my error code.

Anyway,thanks my Guardian angel :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

please i need help with the password on sign on...

HP Recommended

hey maestrorod can you please help me with the power on passwrod for my work computer its a hp desktop compaq 6005,

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi, tk11111:

Did you already try removing the password jumper on the motherboard?  It is normally found around the one of the edges of the motherboard and is green.

Remove that and restart the PC. The password should be cleared. Then shut down the PC and replace the jumper where it was, and you can either leave no password or set a new password.

If this method doesn't clear the power on password, someone enabled Stringent Security in the BIOS, and you won't be able to get rid of the password unless maestrorod can give you assistance.

Paul

HP Recommended

tk11111

please put the error code on here.

you need to enter the password 3 times and it will give you a message code followed by a code.

i need the code to generate you a new password

but also like paul says you can change the jumper on the motherboard.

if your not really sure about the jumper part or a little afraid to tamper with your motherboard then just post me the error code and ill sort you a new password out

HP Recommended

Maestrorod-

I'm having the same issue. Pavilion dv4 Entertainment laptop can't logon due to a poweron password being inadvertantly set. Can you help me with a password as well? The error code I get when trying to logon with incorrect password three times is 50348164. 

The model number of the laptop is dv4-2160-us

serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

Model Number WA683UA#ABA

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

HP Recommended

skydevil try 45020160

if it works click the white kudos button please

thanks and hope this helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.