Question
Touch pad mouse not working - yellow light
Replies (27)

Student
dlassitef62
Message 11 of 28 (8,728 Views)

Re: Touch pad mouse not working - yellow light

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop & the mouse cursor works on the (enter password) screen but once I get to the homepage it won't move, ca you PLEASE assist me with this issue? I KNOW THIS IS AN (HP) SIGHT but any assistance would be great??? dlassiter62
Honor Student
rose5309
Message 12 of 28 (8,358 Views)

Thank you so much.
Honor Student
rose5309
Message 13 of 28 (8,357 Views)

Thank you very much. Easy fix I never would have figured out.
Top Student
Jred75
Message 14 of 28 (7,613 Views)

I'm also having problem with my touch pad cursor it doesn't work at all tried all types of tricks but nothing. What's weird is that it's telling me it's corrupt #39. But it works when I turn on Linux. Can some help me out please! I have a hp g60-233nr notebook PC/ vista
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 15 of 28 (7,570 Views)

Hi Jred75. The drivers are clearly corrupt. Can you uninstall the touchpad drivers and reinstall the latest Vista software.
Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad Driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-62577-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

And check Device manager for any errors after that.

Device Manager Information in Vista:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01459079&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3887448&tmp...

Here is a general document about using and configuring the touchpad:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01876141

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Jred75
Message 16 of 28 (7,539 Views)

Hi twopointoh, I appreciate the time you took to help me out! Although I wish there was good news to tell you , there just isn't any. I tried exactly what you said n even though after the download n restart, each time it said downloaded successfully. So I went in to device manager and it said the download wasn't successful code 1. I was very confuse cause it went from code 39 to code 1. So I decided to redo the entire process over. Once again after the download and the restart it said your download was successful. I again open device manager to verify that I notice that now it's saying it wasn't successful, n that the drivers for this device have not been installed code 28. I'm so confused now more that ever. I really thought that this was the time it was gonna be fixed after all the things I've tried. What am I doing wrong if anything? If you can help it would be deeply appreciated. If you can't thanks for the advice thanks again,
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 17 of 28 (7,503 Views)

My pleasure Jred75.  So here are all of the device manager error codes decoded:

1 = This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
28 = The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
39 = Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I think you should use the recovery manager to reinstall the original Touchpad drivers:

Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01868333

If this fails a full recovery might be required to fix this.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
stanbuth
Message 18 of 28 (7,028 Views)

Thanks, I was just about to return laptop to HP. I must have switched touch pad off unknowingly. Problem solved, thanks
Student
HazratJee
Message 19 of 28 (6,232 Views)

Thanks a lot. 

Student
knicebein
Message 20 of 28 (4,043 Views)

Exactly,  beautiful solution.      knicebein/NASA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation