Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!! This worked for me. I appreciate it!!

HP Recommended

Sorry, but I don't understand how you can hold the 3 and the # down at the same time.... it is the same key...

HP Recommended

@dxlarsen wrote:

Sorry, but I don't understand how you can hold the 3 and the # down at the same time.... it is the same key...

The # and 3 keys are the ones on the right side of the printer.  If that does not work the post here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help me.... but my printer, HP C309 does not have  "keys" on it anywhere.... am I missing something???

HP Recommended

@dxlarsen wrote:

Thank you so much for trying to help me.... but my printer, HP C309 does not have  "keys" on it anywhere.... am I missing something???

What printer model - there are a number of c309 models.  My c309a has a keypad on the right side. opposite end of the touchscreen.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

HI, Gosh it is nice you take the time to help others..... my Model is the C309g.... no keypad....  : (    I did try to rinse it well and a ton of ink came off the  print cartridge holder, but no luck on getting it to work.

HP Recommended

HP MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO CONTACT REAL TECHNICIAN - I HAVE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING A REAL EMAIL/PHONE NUMBER EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE 1.5 YRS OF WARRANTY LEFT FOR OFFICEJET 6500 . ALL YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR 'INK SYSTEM ERROR ARE OF NO HELP & I  AM LOCKED OUT OF MY PRINTER. - IF HP DOESNT CONTACT ME - I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ASSUME HP PROVIDES LOUSY SERVICE : {personal info removed}  (18 NOV 2012)

HP Recommended

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-017&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=3737191&h_page=hpcom...

That link should take you to a page where you can fill in info to get to a person to talk to.... hope this helps.

HP Recommended

@etnsg wrote:

HP MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO CONTACT REAL TECHNICIAN - I HAVE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING A REAL EMAIL/PHONE NUMBER EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE 1.5 YRS OF WARRANTY LEFT FOR OFFICEJET 6500 . ALL YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR 'INK SYSTEM ERROR ARE OF NO HELP & I  AM LOCKED OUT OF MY PRINTER. - IF HP DOESNT CONTACT ME - I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ASSUME HP PROVIDES LOUSY SERVICE [snip]

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.  What country are you in?  You can Contact HP through the information provided here.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
THANKS I AM SOOO DESPERATE FOR HELP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.