Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520

Why is this information so difficult to find online? I've ran across forums, and all I see are people sending each other private messages. 

I set up a password many months ago, and I want to get back in but I'm still being prompted for a password. What in the world is the default password already?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @altjx,

I understand that you would like to reset the Administrator Password that you set on  your printer. I would like to assist you today with restoring the password setting.

Please check your Private Messages for further instruction on how to perform the programming reset on your HP Photosmart 7520 All-in-One.

Once you have completed the reset, please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello @altjx,

I understand that you would like to reset the Administrator Password that you set on  your printer. I would like to assist you today with restoring the password setting.

Please check your Private Messages for further instruction on how to perform the programming reset on your HP Photosmart 7520 All-in-One.

Once you have completed the reset, please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks. I'm going to accept your solution, although I haven't tried it. I do feel confident in it, however. 

I really needed that access so that I could figure out how to use maintenance settings on the printer to fix an issue, but I got the issue fixed and I don't absolutely need access at the moment and don't feel like reconfiguring the wirelesse settings.

HP Recommended

I need it also.  I never did set a password but now it's asking for one.  HP didn't answer can you forward it to me?

HP Recommended

Hello @Pritch1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are also experiencing issues with an Administrator password on your HP Photosmart 7520 All-in-One. I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the programming reset on your printer.

Please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Works perfectly.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Why the private message? Can you please post the solution? I need to reset a password on my 7520

HP Recommended

Hey @HankSter97,

Welcome to the thread! 🙂

I see that an Administrator lock on your HP Photosmart 7520 All-in-One is preventing you from utilising some features of your printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

At this time I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Programming Reset on your printer. The Reset is sent via Private Message because it is not intended for public use. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks!!!

HP Recommended
Can someone please help me with this same issue? We set up a password but what we had written down isn't working. Thank you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.