10-10-2011 11:52 PM
I recently bought an HP p6755a computer with Windows 7, 64 bit on it.
Everything could be installed easily, except my HP LaserJet 1022 printer.
It is in good working condition. It works if I plug it into the old HP computer, which has Windows XP.
When it is plugged into the USB port of the new computer, it appears in the Devices and Printers box as an unspecified item.
Troubleshoot has led me to HP web site to download the driver: Ij1020-HB-pnp-win64-en. As far as I could see this has installed the driver. I assume these are the same steps as jbuser100 has done in the post above. However in my case it made no difference. I wonder what have I done wrong.
For interest, an email to HP support was rejected as too old printer for email advice. Several telephone calls to HP support have so far got no result.
10-12-2011 09:31 PM
I have: HP 1022 printer, p6755a desktop and IE9.
Telephone advice from HP Support (on 11 October 2011) was that there is no HP 1020 series driver for Windows 7.
This contradicts previous posts here.
An other adviser on HP Support, has guided me to down load a driver which installed OK and the printer is working.
The difference from my earlier unsuccessful effort is that in:
Software and Driver downloads, "select your operating system" as: Microsoft Windows Vista (64bit) NOT Windows 7
As recommended earlier on this site.
THANK YOU MEHMOOD
10-12-2011 10:44 PM - edited 10-12-2011 10:45 PM
That's great emerymikomiko
Happy to hear that your problem has been resolved.
And thank you.
Have a great a life & take care
11-21-2011 09:23 AM
i can't install the driver for the HP LaserJet 1020 plus in "windows 7 32-bit"..... i want to install this driver into my PC for the future works in my office... plees help me
11-21-2011 08:12 PM
You could not install the driver of laserjet 1020 for windows 7 32bit..
But you did not tell us specifically what is happening, is there any error? or , any caution? ......anything..els
12-16-2011 08:58 PM
Sorry i could not understand u properly..Anyhow here is the link for hp laserjet 1020 drivers page...
- 1st of all select your OS
- then download driver software for your product..
If you need any further assistance u can write to me again..
12-21-2011 08:20 AM
I am an application packaging engineer working with BAT.
We have around 500 printers HP laser jet 1020 which is mostly used by management staf personell.
I am in the process of packaging the application and get the application into Altris.
Anyone has any idea of any silent installation steps.
If that does not works out then we need to capture the application which some time might not work.
I am here to share my idea to install hp laserjet 1020 on windows 7.
There no driver for windows 7 till mid November.
I have installed device driver for laserjet 1020 on windwos 7, here is the method for installing driver in windows 7 for laserjet 1020.
1. 1st of all download laserjet 1020 basic printer driver for windows vista. you can down it from this link
2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver
3. and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .
note. i did not run exe file.
Thanks for reading. hope it will work for you
4. and it will be installed without any problem like me.
take care all.
01-08-2012 06:01 AM
I have 3 same printers, one in Windows XP, a second in Windows Vista and third in Win7-32bit, the problem arose suddenly a month ago to the computer with win7-32bit (while previously working), I've done many different tests but the problem remains. With the diagnostic of HP, HPPDU indicates a problem in the spooler. I am afraid that the damage was done some time with a “windows update”.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation