Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Bad printing quality. After multiple times cleaning but still not working.printer1.jpgprinter2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @kennnnnn774,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Is HP smart tank plus 650 series

HP Recommended

Hi @kennnnnn774 ,

Thank you for your reply 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing bad printing quality with your HP Smart Tank Plus 650 series printer despite multiple cleaning attempts, there could be a few reasons for this issue. 

Here's a step-by-step troubleshooting guide to help you improve the printing quality:

• Check Ink Levels: Ensure that the ink levels are sufficient in all cartridges. Low ink levels can affect print quality. If any cartridges are low, replace them with genuine HP ink cartridges.
  • Print Head Alignment: Perform a print head alignment to ensure that the print head is properly aligned. Misalignment can cause blurry or distorted prints.
  • Nozzle Check: Print a nozzle check pattern to identify if any nozzles are clogged or misfiring. If you notice any gaps or inconsistencies in the pattern, perform a deeper cleaning.
  • Deep Cleaning: Run the printer's deep cleaning function to thoroughly clean the print head nozzles. This process may take some time but can help clear any stubborn clogs.
  • Check Paper Quality: Make sure you're using the correct type and quality of paper for your printer. Low-quality or incompatible paper can lead to poor print results.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, firmware updates can address printing issues and improve performance. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Software Settings: Check the print settings on your computer to ensure they are optimized for the type of document you're printing. Adjusting settings such as print quality and paper type can sometimes improve print results.
  • Clean Paper Feed Rollers: Dust and debris on the paper feed rollers can cause paper jams and affect print quality. Clean the rollers using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water.

Refer to this document: - HP Smart Tank Plus 650 Wireless All-in-One series user manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

IMG_7415.jpeg

 I tried to do the page alignment. But it said fail to scan first then set back to default. I am sure the scanning is working because I tested it with other documents. 
The ink is good. I updated the software. The paper is from HP, which should be good. Still printing bad quality.

HP Recommended

Hi @kennnnnn774 ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.