Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

have had problems with my printer for a while.

He no longer prints blue, has original HP cartridges in it. Are also all 90% full.

What I've tried so far:

1. Print head cleaned several times with the program. Result: no blue, not even stripes or the like.

2. Printhead cleaned with printhead cleaning fluid. Result: no blue.

3. With support then telephoned all possibilities of driver new software new firmware update etc. carried out.

Result: no blue color print.

4. Even if I copy a blue picture there is no blue, of course the assumption is that the printhead is possibly defective, which I honestly cannot really imagine. Is there another cause of the problem. If you think of the operating system or the circuit board in the printer, the color printing has to be controlled somehow.

Since there is absolutely no blue at all, I don't want to rule out this possibility. Cold solder joint or something similar. The printer is only about 3 years old. Would be grateful for any tip.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @derhai64 !

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community.

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
MayS. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

I have had the same issue with blue inks with two printers 6970 meanwhile. One stopped printing blue after 2,5 years, the second just a couple of months ago after 4,5 years of use. I have had a lot of discussions with support to solve the issue. but there is no chance to recover. The printhead seems to be damaged. For me it looks like a construction problem of the printhead with the 6970. As the model is old there is no repair possibilty by HP and no easy replaceable printhead.
All other functions are working well, so I still use the printer for b&w prints as long as the printer prices are so crazy

best regards

JK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.