Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7305 All-in-One

Hi

I recently printed some stuff and noticed the colour was not right.  I checked the inkwells and all are still full.  On a diagnostic check of EVERYTHING ... when the colour test came back ... magenta is missing.   I have ran the Clean Printheads several times - each time up to level 3.  No cartridges so can't take them out ... any ideas will be much appreciated

THANKS

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Seldov,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Hello! It seems you're experiencing a common issue with printers where one color, in this case magenta, is not printing correctly even though the tank is full. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue further:

Printhead Cleaning:

• I know you've already run the printhead cleaning utility, but sometimes repeating the process several times is necessary. Since there are no cartridges and the system uses ink tanks, make sure the ink tank is properly seated and the ink is at the correct level.

Check for Clogs:

• Sometimes ink can dry and clog the nozzle. To check if this is the case, print a nozzle check pattern to identify if the magenta nozzles are clogged. Continue with the cleaning cycles if you see any improvement after each cycle.

Inspect the Ink Tank and Lines:

• Ensure that there are no air bubbles in the ink line running from the magenta tank. Air bubbles can prevent ink from flowing correctly. Also, check that the tank is properly ventilated and that any seals or vents are clean and open.

Printhead Alignment:

• Run the printhead alignment tool from your printer’s maintenance menu. Misalignment can cause poor color output and might affect how colors are printed.

Manual Cleaning:

• If you're comfortable with a bit more hands-on approach and if your printer model allows, you might consider manually cleaning the printhead. You can carefully remove the printhead (consult your printer's manual for instructions) and gently clean the bottom part of the printhead with a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with warm water. Wait until it’s completely dry before reinstalling it.

Firmware/Software Update:

• Check if there are any firmware or software updates available for your printer. Sometimes Hp release updates to fix known bugs or improve the functionality of the printer.

Check for Physical Damage:

• Examine the printhead and associated components for any visible signs of damage. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Rachel

i will keep going with the print Head clean a few more days …  I will get stuck into the other suggestions on Thursday (day off) 

much appreciated & I’ll get back to u with a result 🙏🏻

HP Recommended

Hi @Seldov,

Thank you for your response, 

Please feel free to reply to us and we will be more than happy to help you.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.