Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought the HP Officejet Pro 7740 and I can't see any way to print booklets using A3 or A4 paper.  The existing answer to the same question refers to a different printer and with different dialogue/option boxes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Both Softwares have their own advantage. Full Feature Software provides more options but  HP Smart App is more simple to use ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jacma

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I suggest you first download the Printer's Full feature Software https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ7740/OJ7740_Full_WebPack_40.12.1161_1.exe

Next while printing change the orientation in the print settings from Portrait mode to Landscape Mode since booklets are printed using the Landscape mode

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's really good to have a response - thank you.  Sadly the installation of the full feature printer software has made no change to the dialogue boxes in printing from MS Word to what I was getting previously through HP Smart.  This means that the printing menus are still quite simple and there is no reference in them to printign booklets.  Meanwhile I've bought a booklet making programme recommended by a bookbinder which works brilliantly - BookletCreator, £17.  I still had to try out various `flip' options etc in the printer menus, but after a short time got my A4 pages printign as large booklets on folded A3 paper.  The slight downside is that I will have to save my Word files as pdfs to work with that programme; the upside is that it looks as if the programme will sort signatures of different lengths for printing a whole book or large file.

HP Recommended

Hi!  Now that I've restarted the computer I'm getting different print options through the printer menu in Word.  So although I haven't yet tried to work it out it may be possible to print A3 booklets without the extra software.  (PS Sorry if I've missed something, but is it helpful to recommend setting up the printer with HP Smart rather than downloading the full software?)

HP Recommended

Both Softwares have their own advantage. Full Feature Software provides more options but  HP Smart App is more simple to use ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just to say thank you for your help.  That's great!

HP Recommended

☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.