Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6960

Dear Community,

I got a OfficeJet 6960 for free, saying that the Printhead probably needs some cleaning. I cleand the head with destilled water and put New Ink-cartridges in the printer, however the printer printer mainly blue. Except in the printhed-cleaning Program it printer some other colours too (see images).

What could be wrong? Did the cleaning not work and there are some jets still stuck? Would a replacement of the printing head work?

Thank you for your answers and best regards!

20230429_134855.jpg

20230429_134907.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TamTa2,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP OfficeJet 6960 printer is printing only in blue, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the problem.

• Check the ink levels: Make sure that your printer has enough ink in all the cartridges, especially the black ink. If any of the cartridges are low, replace them.
  • Check the print settings: Ensure that the printer is not set to print in only blue color. To check this, go to the printer settings on your computer, and make sure that the printer is set to print in color.
  • Clean the printhead: Over time, the printhead of the printer can get clogged with dry ink, which can lead to printing problems. You can clean the printhead manually or use the printer's automatic cleaning function.
  • Update or reinstall printer drivers: Sometimes outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause printing issues. Try updating the drivers or reinstalling them to see if that helps.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.