Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7305
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hello there

How is everyone?

So I am having a problem with my HP 7305

The printer has started to print colours that are supposed to be blue in pink.

This started to occur once I was near the end of the bottled ink from HP.

I have recently purchased more ink, but the problem is still happening. What should I do?

I have tried to print the diagnostic test and align the print head, but that didn't work.

On one of the print tests, it could print yellow, black, and pink, but not blue.

If anyone could offer some advice, it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MDonnelly1,

That could be a possibility. However, as mentioned by Rachel, I recommend you contact phone support once before buying another Ink to make sure if ink is the issue😊

Thanks and take care.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MDonnelly1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Hello! It sounds frustrating to deal with your HP 7305 printer not printing the correct colors. Since you've already tried printing a diagnostic test and aligning the print head without success, here are a few more steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Clean the Print Head:

• Even though you've aligned the print head, there might still be clogging that's affecting the blue ink. Use the printer's built-in process to clean the print head. You can usually find this option in the printer's maintenance settings.

Check the Ink Cartridges:

• Ensure that the new ink cartridges are installed correctly and are not defective. Sometimes, even new cartridges can have issues. Make sure the protective tape over the vent, if present, is removed.

Check Ink Levels and Cartridge Authenticity:

• Verify that the ink levels are sufficient in all cartridges, particularly the one responsible for blue color (often cyan). Also, ensure that the ink is from a reliable source and that the cartridges are genuine HP products, as third-party inks might cause compatibility issues.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer. Sometimes, manufacturers release updates to fix bugs or improve performance. You can check this through the HP Smart app or the HP website.

Reinstall Printer Drivers:

• On your MacOS 12.0 Monterey, reinstall the printer drivers. Sometimes, driver corruption can lead to printing issues. Remove the existing printer from your system preferences and download the latest drivers from the HP website.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello 

Thank you for your response 

I have tried these things and they have not worked 

I think my printer is still in warranty 

Could I potentially send it back to be repaired? 

Kind regards 

Michael 

HP Recommended

Hi @MDonnelly1 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out as it require repair.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel 

I have made a mistake, im sorry 

I contacted the company who I bought the ink from and they say that I have bought the wrong ink 

“HP 31 Original Ink Refill” from Viking

It looked similar to me 

So I am wondering, did the blue stop working since i had run out of ink, then i bought new ink but since its not compatible i still have the blue ink problem? 

Kind regards 

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi @MDonnelly1,

That could be a possibility. However, as mentioned by Rachel, I recommend you contact phone support once before buying another Ink to make sure if ink is the issue😊

Thanks and take care.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.