Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a Deskjet printer that uses 901 ink cartridges.  I used the 60 replacement cartridge the the printer does NOT recognize it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify the exact printer model,.

There are no printers supporting both the 901 and the 60 ink cartridges, these are intended for different printer models..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hp changed the cartridge used in the officejet 4500 desk top all in one from 901 to 60 and now the printer says incompatible

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I contacted HP support, and they suggested I purchase a new printer, because you can't use a print cartridge different than the one specified.  I attempted to tell them that HP designated the #60 as a replacement for the #901, and the person on the other end of the call stated that the only cartridge you can use in a printer is the one designated, saying I had to use the 901.  I then explained again that HP had designated the 60 as a replacement for the 901, mentioning that is states so on the box of the 60 cartridge, and was again told that I could not use  a 60 in place of the 901.  So frustrating that the reps don't understand what the company they are supposedly representing is doing with their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.