Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4650

My printer that is less than 8 months old is skipping lines when printing and just printing parts of pages. This started right after I changed the ink cartridge. I get no error message. I've tried aligning it multiples, restarting it, and taking out the ink cartidges and putting them back in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @pr1nterquesti0n, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand your printer skips line when printing.

➡️Please try the steps recommended below.

✔️Cleaning the ink cartridges can improve print quality. Clean the ink cartridges from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.
✔️To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.
✔️Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.
✔️On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, then touch Setup.
✔️Touch Tools, then touch Clean Cartridges.
✔️Examine the print quality on the Print Quality Diagnostic report.
✔️If the print quality is acceptable, click No. You can stop troubleshooting.
✔️If the print quality is unacceptable, click Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

➡️ Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues: Print Quality Issues 

If the issue still persists, uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the latest printer software.

Please updated the printer software using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.