Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

good day,

I have a problem on my printer while printing the documents the cyan or blue color is missing. it turns in pink color.

I already clean the printhead but still same problem when I print.

what I need to do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PHRE,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a common issue with inkjet printers, especially when a specific color like cyan is missing or not printing correctly. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

Check Ink Levels: Ensure that your cyan ink cartridge has enough ink. If it's low, replace it with a new one. Sometimes an ink cartridge can be low or empty, causing printing issues.

Run Printhead Cleaning: You mentioned you've already cleaned the printhead, but it's worth trying again. Printers usually have a "clean printhead" or "clean cartridges" function in the settings. Running this multiple times might help clear any clogs.

Manual Cleaning of Printhead: If the automatic cleaning doesn't work, you can try manually cleaning the printhead. Here's a general process:

• Remove the cyan ink cartridge.
  • Dampen a lint-free cloth with warm water (or use a specific printhead cleaning solution if you have it).
  • Gently wipe the bottom of the printhead where the ink comes out. Be careful not to touch the nozzles directly.
  • Let the printhead dry completely.
  • Reinstall the ink cartridge and try printing again.

Check for Air Bubbles: Sometimes air bubbles can form in the ink cartridge, blocking the flow of ink. Try gently tapping the ink cartridge against a hard surface to dislodge any air bubbles.

Printer Maintenance: Regularly using your printer can help prevent ink from drying and clogging the nozzles. If you haven't used it for a while, printing a few test pages can sometimes get the ink flowing again.

Color Settings: Check the color settings on your computer and in the printer settings. Make sure that the color balance is not off, as this can also affect how colors are printed.

Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause printing issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.