Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Allinone 4630
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Trying to set up new printer to my wireless. But, when I want to enter my password I cannot. Printer will not

allow me to change to CAPS and NUMBERS --which I need in order to enter my password.  Have gone over

the manual, looked here and cannot find how to change the setting on the printer to go from lower case to

caps and to numbers.  HELP!  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At the lower left corner, press/click on "123?" to switch to number/symbol keys, above "123?" is the UPPER case key (a fat upper arroe).

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

At the lower left corner, press/click on "123?" to switch to number/symbol keys, above "123?" is the UPPER case key (a fat upper arroe).

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Really appreciate!!:smileywink:

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 4635.  There is no "123?" key on the printer keyboard.  My password is all numeric.  How do I get it to enter numbers and not letters?  Help !!

HP Recommended

Another option is to use WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)  to connect your printer.

Most standard routers support WPS and will have a WPS button on the side or front of the router.

The WPS button typically shows two arrows almost in a circle.

Your HP Wireless printer does support WPS (as do all HP inkjet wireless printers released since 2012).

To connect wirelessly, using WPS, you start the wireless setup wizard on the printer front panel.

When you get to the screen where you would enter your password, you will also see OR connect via WPS.

At this point, you would push the WPS button on your wireless router (often hold for 3-5 seconds).

These steps put both the router and the printer in a mode where they can exchange wireless credentials automatically.

Below is a link with a few more details:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/printer-setup-help.html

I used this method just last week and it is almost too easy.

If you need help determining whether your wireless router supports WPS, I would start by searching for the push button on the router with the two arrows.   You can also use Google with the model number, or reply here and I can check for you.

--
I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

Hi david602,

You may need to press the corresponding number button multiple times in order for the number to appear on the display.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Printer 4635

only see letters for entering wifi

my wifi is all numbers 

how do I enter code

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.