Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey all, My Dad recently purchased a new HP Envy 6455E printer to replace an older HP printer that finally gave up the ghost. The printer works perfectly printing and scanning but when I came to visit I noticed a constant high pitched noise/squeak regardless of if its being used or sitting idle and the only fix to the noise is to shut it off.  I'm not young by any stretch of the imagination so its not just a good ears issue.

I found another post on the same issue

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Envy-6455E-Noise-squeak/td-p/8870443

but don't see a resolution listed and the HP responder used PM's for  further continuations.

2 other people marked it as having the same issue.

any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HENewton,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a mechanical issue with the new printer. A constant high-pitched noise or squeak could indicate a problem with one of the moving parts, such as a roller or a gear. 

Here are a few steps you could take to try to resolve the issue:

• Check for Obstructions: Make sure no obstructions or debris inside the printer could be causing the noise. Sometimes even a small piece of paper can cause a squeaking sound.
  • Inspect Moving Parts: Carefully inspect the moving parts of the printer, such as rollers and gears, to see if there are any visible signs of damage or wear.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes HP releases updates to address known issues or improve performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.