Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet M651
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Color LaserJet M651 that no matter what I do always prints duplex.  We are using this to print via Pharos (Pay-for-Print).  I've selected single-sided in the driver and in the preferences and Pharos reports it printed single-sided but the document aways comes out duplex.  I've gone through the Embedded Web Server and even went through all settings in HPWebJetAdmin but I can't fin d a setting that defaults the printer to duplex.  

Looking at this document HP Color LaserJet Enterprise - Duplex turned ON by default in EU printers I'm led to believe there is a setting somewhere in the printer that will turn off duplex.  

Printer is running Firmware 2308995_579083.

I upgraded the Firmware to 241117_063723 (the latest) and I did see a setting for single sided Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 4.31.30 PM.png

and I selected that but I'm still getting duplex output.  

Any thoughts or ideas would be most welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out it appears to be a fault in the HP Color Laserjet M751 driver we were using.  No matter what setting we tried it printed duplex.  Switched to Generic HP PCL5 driver and worked perfect.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try to set it to Not installed it in Device Settings:

duplex.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Turns out it appears to be a fault in the HP Color Laserjet M751 driver we were using.  No matter what setting we tried it printed duplex.  Switched to Generic HP PCL5 driver and worked perfect.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.