Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't update the HP Photosmart 7520 firmware, I can't even enable web services, trt to put static ip and DMZ and even modity this.

[DeviceInfo]

;Model Name, must be specified!
ModelName=HP Photosmart 7520 series

;Firmware Version
FirmwareVersion=

;Timeout value in minutes; defaults to 5 minutes if not specified
TimeOut=5

;defaults to true if not specified
VerifyDownloadID=0

;Model Name, must be specified!
[ModelName]
1=HP Photosmart 7520 series

[FolderList]
1=Firmware_VR5_ELM1CN1607AR

Current firmware version is ELM1CN1409AR, try USB as well, update failed it said turn off printer. HP please help. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@panpanbebe

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are unable to update the printer firmware. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try updating the firm from the printer display directly?

If not, follow the below steps:

Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons vary by printer.

• Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

• If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

• If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2rwXUxq

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for replying my question, I tried all of the above, none of them worked.

HP Recommended

@panpanbebe

It looks like you were interacting with sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I see that you are still unable to update the Printer Firmware and also unable to turn on Web Services.

I suggest we try a Semi-Full Reset.

Since those steps are crucial, I will send you the instructions in a Private Message

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem and the previously suggested actions also have not worked for me. Can you also please send me the information for the semi-reset.

HP Recommended

even with Semi-reset won't work, so do not waste your time on that.

HP Recommended

My 7520 printers made in Thailand (TH in serial number) will accept the updated ELM1CN1607AR firmware upgrade and then wll successfully access Web Services.

However, my 7520 printers made in China (CN is serial number) will not accept the updated firmware ("Not applicable" is the message rececived) and therefore cannot access Web Service.

There is a work-around hack for this problem  posted on the internet to extract the firmware file and manually run it but I've seen reports that at least one person using the work-around hack lost the ability to use the automatic document feeder. That's not an acceptable side effect for me.

HP Recommended

@panpanbebe

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is no longer supported by HP so contacting them is not a productive way forward.

Can you please share the semi- full-reset method for the PS7520 printer. I doubt it will work for this issue but I have had other issues in the past that having the ability to conduct a semi- full reset may have helped.

HP Recommended

So could anyone share how to update the latest firmware from either usb or network, because I tried none of them worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.