Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an Officejet 8600 Pro.  I keep getting these messages when I go to print.   

1. Error Message HPDriverCore Framework will damage your computer, and

2. Command to HP.filter will damage your computer

It said I need to re-install my drivers, but when I went to uninstall it the Icon was grayed out and I couldn't do it.

HP Recommended

I also received those messages about damage to the computer.  If you follow my previous instructions on deleting the printer drivers, it effectively uninstalls the printer.  When you have removed the printer drivers, go to system preferences, and then printers and scanners, where you can add your printer again.  It will take a few moments to load, but it should add the “fixed” software.  Good luck, hope it works for you.

HP Recommended

To get my printer on line:  I deleted the HP Framework directory. Go to setting preferences in printer and scanners. Then I deleted my printer (which removed the old drivers).  Then I added a new printer which just installed the new drivers.Printer was working as before.  Later learned that HP has solved the problem. 

HP Recommended

I actually uninstalled my printer then downloaded the printer and drivers again and now it works!!!

HP Recommended

I uninstalled my printer then downloaded my printer and drivers again and now it works!!! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Whben! Your solution worked for me.  🙏😎👍

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem but after HOURS of exhaustive research, troubleshooting, and attempted fixes nothing is working.  I have a Photosmart 2710 and HP have no drivers for it.  I have updated my OS to Big Sur (11.1) and that hasn't fixed the problem.  Air Print won't work, HP Smart doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work.  I don't understand why they can't change whatever setting that caused this problem.  It was simple to cause the problem, why can't it be simple to fix?!  

Surprisingly I was able to reinstall the printer driver this morning and it worked (after previous failed attempts).  Hope it lasts!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.