Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Print and Scan Doctor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Set up my new HP office jet 8022 about a month ago...has worked great and I liked the Print and Scan Doctor feature.  This morning I was prompted to update the PSdr software which I did...and now when you start the find your device step it gets stuck and then windows shuts it down and closes the program...anyone deal with this yet?

PS...I'm using Windows 7, the update says it's compatible, but who knows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I haven't gotten any help for this same issue that I posted about in another thread a few days ago.

I have all the Windows updates, including all the servicing stack KB's.  Still no joy.

I finally decided to download an older version of the HPPS Dr. from Filehippo (AKA softonic)

Problem fixed.

HP should address this immediately by either offering a fix or making the previous version available for download on their site while they work on the issue, IMHO.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Having same issue, although I am running Windows 7 32-bit.

HP Recommended

I ran the windows software compatibility scan (which I accidentally stumbled over trying to troubleshoot this), and it seems to suggest that the HP update thinks I'm on an older OS than windows 7, which is totally frustrating because it worked just fine before I authorized the update..errrrr

HP Recommended

Perform windows update and then try installing the HP PRint scan doctor -

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Try downloading the HP print and scan doctor from here  (utility -diagonostic tools)

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I'm on Windows 7 so there is no longer any updates or support from Microsoft.  I have tried everything y'all have otherwise suggested, no dice.

When I run the compatibility check windows states that this program only supports XP, SP3, and later OS's.

I really just want the the 5.2 version I had before the update which worked perfectly

HP Recommended

have you had any success? all they suggest is uninstall and reinstall, but all i want is the 5.2 version that worked perfectly before i authorized the update...no replies about that request from them as of yet

HP Recommended

Hi Chip, I did try what was suggested but didn't have any joy either. Windows 7 did do a couple of updates (one was the Malicious Software Removal Tool) as it happened, and i tried reinstalling the program after that. I don't think version 5.4 works with Windows 7 for some reason. 

The printer issue I was having did sort itself out in the end. In the past I have resorted to manually updating the port address as the router sometimes changes the printer's IP. 

God bless, Matt

HP Recommended

Hey Matt.  Yea, despite that the HP specs state that it is compatible with Windows 7, I have reached the same conclusion.  Other than the doctor program, the machine works great...I just really liked this feature and was hoping to get it it restored before something goes sideways and I need it, lol.

We'll see if the HP folks come up with anything, I'll let ya know if they do.

HP Recommended

I haven't gotten any help for this same issue that I posted about in another thread a few days ago.

I have all the Windows updates, including all the servicing stack KB's.  Still no joy.

I finally decided to download an older version of the HPPS Dr. from Filehippo (AKA softonic)

Problem fixed.

HP should address this immediately by either offering a fix or making the previous version available for download on their site while they work on the issue, IMHO.

HP Recommended

You are AWESOME!! Thanks so much for the very simple solution which no one from HP knew about despit me asking for the older version back.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.