Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

I bought the M277 printer today. Im trying to download the drivers for my Mac. I have downloaded the HP Easystart program. This runs to the point where its downloading the driver (v4.0.0.32, 148mb). It then starts the dwnload but cancels it with the error 'check your network connection'. My broadband connection seems fine. I have tried multiple times (>6)and it downloads between 30mb and 60mb before it fails. Is the HP serverver timing me out? I can download 500mb tv programs fine.HP Easy Start Error.jpg

Also I tried the suggestion in the forums to reset the printer system, verify and repair disk permissions, install updates, restart uninstall old printer drivers which has nor worked at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have resolved the issue. I ran the easy start program to the point it is about to download then drove 10 miles to a friend who has fibre optic broad band (ie as fast as you get in the UK). It took 3 attempts to download but eventually it worked. (this proves it must have been a server issue) I drove home, connected the printer and finished the install. So around 4 hours in total to do an easy task.

Hopefully your servers are running better now and no one else will get the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have researched this issue further. Every time I run the HP Easystart program from the moment it starts downloading to the moment it stops with the Network connection error message is exactly 2 minutes. The amount downloaded varies each time so is it possible that HP have programmed this to stop after 2 minutes.

So I have a completly useless 2 day old printer because the installer wont let me download the driver file. 

HP Recommended

Hi @johnp996,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with getting the software. I will be glad to help you.

There may have been doing maintain on the server. I have no problem today.

Please try again and get back to me

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have resolved the issue. I ran the easy start program to the point it is about to download then drove 10 miles to a friend who has fibre optic broad band (ie as fast as you get in the UK). It took 3 attempts to download but eventually it worked. (this proves it must have been a server issue) I drove home, connected the printer and finished the install. So around 4 hours in total to do an easy task.

Hopefully your servers are running better now and no one else will get the issue.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem yesterday. I ended up spending one-and-a-half hours with one of HP's technicians on their on-line 'chat' helpdesk but, despite taking over my Mac screen, he was unable to download anything other than the basic 'Easy Start' programme (which I had already done the previous day).

BTW, I do have a fast Virgin Media fibre-optic broadband. I've given up in disgust and will rely on my own software for printing and on my Mac's native 'Image Capture' software for scanning.

The technician also appears to have ticked the notification box when he had remote access so now I'm getting annoying messages about things which I have absolutely no interest in popping up on my desktop.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem installing drivers för M277.

The HP support couldn't help me and was very dull supporting a Macuser.

I think the person Herman who last tried to help me in Sweden was a bad representative for HP.

The problem is that the driver for M277 doesn't work with OS 10.7.5

The OS is too old for the printer. Macsupport could help me.

To use the printer You have ta upgrade the OS!

And HP-support didn't know that!  Really bad!

You can use the general postscript driver but scanning will not run.

Bad will for HP Sweden!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.